Dick's

Karpteach

I like the Webster Dicks because is less then 5 minutes away,i don't like the Webster Dick's because that land once held some nice deer .....

Its good for box store stuff that sells to the masses,not so good for higher end things.

For guns and ammo i go to Biekirks. I have gone there for over 20 years and I'll always spell it wrong I guess. Nobody will beat their knowledge or selection or prices they'll match or beat anyone last i knew. My benelli Nova i got for $50 less then Dicks sale price.

I was buying .380 ammo for 14 bucks a box awhile back while everyone else was out or 20 plus a box.

I just got two ladder stands at Dicks with the strap seats as well,was wondering about those,I guess I'll build my own seat for them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Dicks in Greece, over the weekend. They have good selection of the scent proof cloths, at 50% off. Good selection of tree stands, some marked down, and limited mark down on guns. They also have a limited supply of help, which can be expected after Christmas. One cashier and 15 minute wait. Watch the Giants swabbing Antlanta, so all wasn't lost. The other general item selection is alot lower in inventory.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I hit the Dicks in Whiteplains Friday night got my son a jacket and bib payed less then 100 dollars for both,and bought about 10 boxes of 223.At 6.99 abox I took all they had in the cabinet.Went to the one in MiddleTown and got a new pair of Field And Stream boots for 79.dollars I love store clearence sales.

I have 5 within a 50 mile radius of me, maybe more, i've never been in one that had anything but gear for ODWs (one day wonders) nothing ive looked at was built for the long haul and hard use, nothing made in the usa that I could find really, lotta cheap chinese stuff that wont last heavy hard use.

i do like to grab their mepps on sale though, musky killers for $4 last fall...

Really? I have a bunch of their stands, some have been up for years. Have a few sets of their ladder sticks, work great. They also carry Summit, Lone Wolf and other brands besides their own. I have some of their Field & Stream clothes as well, have lasted for 5 years and still going. I'm not easy on my gear either. Every store out there carries some junk, you just have to be choosy in what you buy.

I've got more than 30 (probably closer to 40...just don't let the old lady know) of the Dick's store brand ladder stands. As well as a few hang-ons and sticks.

The ladders, before going to the cloth seat this year, are great. In fact, I've got several that have been up for 10 years...10!!!!!!!!! And, they haven't been out of the woods since going in on day one. I'd say that's much better than ODW...

I don't think they carry LW now, but before they did, I got an Alpha and sticks on clearance for dirt cheap - and the mgr. gave me 15% off that price on top of clearance pricing. And, most people would likely agree that LW is the pinnacle of tough hunting equipment (for hang and bangers, etc.).

Their sale tactics this year have been horrible though. Nothing is on sale now. The store in Henrietta had full prices on stands.

Edited by phade

Both Dick's and Gander Mtn normally have blow out prices a few weeks after X-mas. Thats when I buy everything for next year. The wife got me a pair of boots for X-mas that were a little snug. I brought them back a couple weeks later and the same boots were 50% off !

I was in Gander this weekend,the Middletown store.All the guns are behind the counter and there was only 2 guys working,I wanted to look at a new rifle and pistol,but got tired of waiting,and i thought there ammo prices were a bit steep.That is the last time I go there.I well stick with Dicks Sporting Goods..

i also cant stand that they now placed all the guns behind the counter. it was so much more convenient before to be able to just go in and look at any gun you want with out waiting for some one. i wont even bother to go into gander to look at guns anymore the wait isnt worth it. i also agree i dont buy ammo their either they are way over priced even the clothing most of the time.

Yeah ..the Gander in Cicero put all their guns behind the counter too. It stinks. If its busy I just leave .seems they never have enough help in the gun dept.

And I dont know whats up with their ammo prices!! Even when something is on sale its not all that great.

I do shop some at Dick's but I keep it light. They do not compare to a "real" gunshop. The owner of my favorite shop was also a professional trapper. He kept irregular hours during the winter but it was worth it to walk in there and find him skinning out a beaver in the middle of the shop. Unfortunately, he passed on.

I love after new years hunting clearance at Dicks. I have 4 or 5 within 50 miles as well and cruise them all. This year I did not really do too well but last year I think I got 4 ladder stands at $34 a pop, some great base layer at 10% cost, a bunch of scent free bar soap $1 a bar, Scent freee laundry and dryer sheets at less than half price and a hat with the light in the bill for like $4 bucks.

I've got more than 30 (probably closer to 40...just don't let the old lady know) of the Dick's store brand ladder stands. As well as a few hang-ons and sticks.

The ladders, before going to the cloth seat this year, are great. In fact, I've got several that have been up for 10 years...10!!!!!!!!! And, they haven't been out of the woods since going in on day one. I'd say that's much better than ODW...

I don't think they carry LW now, but before they did, I got an Alpha and sticks on clearance for dirt cheap - and the mgr. gave me 15% off that price on top of clearance pricing. And, most people would likely agree that LW is the pinnacle of tough hunting equipment (for hang and bangers, etc.).

Their sale tactics this year have been horrible though. Nothing is on sale now. The store in Henrietta had full prices on stands.

They have Lone Wolf stands, was just looking at them a month or so ago.

Both Dick's and Gander Mtn normally have blow out prices a few weeks after X-mas. Thats when I buy everything for next year. The wife got me a pair of boots for X-mas that were a little snug. I brought them back a couple weeks later and the same boots were 50% off !

If you purchased them less than 30 days before the sale, take your receipt in and ask for a refund back to the sale price. You'd be surprised at what you get.