virgil

Costanza's Sausage

Recommended Posts

Some of you guys have raved about Costanza's.  Their website looks great and I was thinking of taking the long drive to have sausage made if I take a doe in the early season.  Just checked their site again and it says they're not taking any venison until November.  FYI.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep frozen until a November drop off. You won’t be disappointed in the product! Keep in mind with the fresh sausage as they don’t freeze it when done you need to pick up order within a couple days of call saying it’s ready. So with that In mind get a couple guys to go together so when called someone can go grab it. Cash only . We had 4 of us go last year and muled 2 more other guys coolers.  Make it a fun trip. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The taste is really good, the casings are as thick as a pool liner just so you know.
Casings seemed alot thicker on the smoked products vs. the fresh. That may be the way alot of places do it.....I am not really sure.

I will say their slim sticks with cheese are in high demand in my house. My boys have convinced myself or my dad to dedicate a doe towards slim sticks only this season..... if we are lucky enough to harvest one!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casings seemed alot thicker on the smoked products vs. the fresh. That may be the way alot of places do it.....I am not really sure.

I will say their slim sticks with cheese are in high demand in my house. My boys have convinced myself or my dad to dedicate a doe towards slim sticks only this season..... if we are lucky enough to harvest one!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk


Shoot a small one! A whole deer in sticks prolly cost you $600 lol


My favorite so far is the Blueberry Breakfast Sausage and Reuben Sausages. I’d drive the hour just for the blueberry! The other couple things were good but I’ll try a couple new items this year if lucky enough to shoot some deerz!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot a small one! A whole deer in sticks prolly cost you $600 lol


My favorite so far is the Blueberry Breakfast Sausage and Reuben Sausages. I’d drive the hour just for the blueberry! The other couple things were good but I’ll try a couple new items this year if lucky enough to shoot some deerz!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know......they are still young so if I get what seems like alot to them....they will be convinced we used the whole deer....lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started going to Tony IDk 25 years ago ? He was working out of his garage off Bay rd , been every year since . He was venison products only at that time ,now the newer retail shop is so popular with the masses , that the shop takes orders for those folks to stock up before closing and switching over to venison , it takes time to fill those ,hence the Nov 1 st opening for venison.

He’s so popular there’s often a 6 page or so list of guys wanting to buy any venison products that aren’t picked up . Surprisingly some drop off meat, order but never come back to get it or pay  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

He’s so popular there’s often a 6 page or so list of guys wanting to buy any venison products that aren’t picked up . Surprisingly some drop off meat, order but never come back to get it or pay  .

Didn't know this. I could easily bring them an entire deer.. slim jims, smoked jalapeno cheddar sausages, pepperoni, blueberry maple breakfast, etc... But that would be quite an expensive tab. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Didn't know this. I could easily bring them an entire deer.. slim jims, smoked jalapeno cheddar sausages, pepperoni, blueberry maple breakfast, etc... But that would be quite an expensive tab. 

I think that’s what sometimes happens , guys order a lot , then their wife sees the bill ,or they spend the money they set aside and never go back .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The taste is really good, the casings are as thick as a pool liner just so you know.

That’s not ok! I would think that their casing would cause angels to sing with every bite the way people speak of their products!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not like to get venison processed like that normally, I would rather just have steaks, roasts and a small amount of burger but Costanza's hot Italian sausage is the closest I have had to the hot Italian sausage I grew up eating from Scapelliti's in Lowertown in Lockport, NY where I grew up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant believe how much people pay to have stuff made, you could afford all the equipment to do it at home in 1-2 years lol. 

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their stuff is excellent but i prefer to make my own just cause i like to. But have had the rueben and the maple blueberry thanks to TF and its excellent. And thanks to Lawdwaz - for an awesome fishing snack out on Keuka!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, crappyice said:


That’s not ok! I would think that their casing would cause angels to sing with every bite the way people speak of their products!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The breakfast sausage that everyone raves about is not my favorite , between the maple and the blueberries all that sugar burns easily and blackens the outside quickly. Again ,great taste but the crunchy outside turns me off as much as a sausage cracking when I bite into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sir-diealot said:

I do not like to get venison processed like that normally, I would rather just have steaks, roasts and a small amount of burger but Costanza's hot Italian sausage is the closest I have had to the hot Italian sausage I grew up eating from Scapelliti's in Lowertown in Lockport, NY where I grew up.

I take my deer to get processed locally. Then take stew meat and roasts which are the last things to leave the freezer to Costanzas. Making into things that are now the first things to get eaten. 3 deer worth of roasts n stew was a large amount of Costanzas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

I cant believe how much people pay to have stuff made, you could afford all the equipment to do it at home in 1-2 years lol. 

But I probably won’t win awards for my stuff or have lines out the door for months .

My buddy’s now on a guided Elk hunt ,  , if he gets 200 pounds of meat the cost per pound will be $70 or so , Hunt , tips ,lic. Airfare , meat processing, shipping , taxidermy .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I take my deer to get processed locally. Then take stew meat and roasts which are the last things to leave the freezer to Costanzas. Making into things that are now the first things to get eaten. 3 deer worth of roasts n stew was a large amount of Costanzas. 

 

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

But I probably won’t win awards for my stuff or have lines out the door for months .

My buddy’s now on a guided Elk hunt ,  , if he gets 200 pounds of meat the cost per pound will be $70 or so , Hunt , tips ,lic. Airfare , meat processing, shipping , taxidermy .

plus if the family loves it then in the fall - "you better go out and hunt and refill the freezer with Constanzas!"  is more likely from the wife!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nomad said:

But I probably won’t win awards for my stuff or have lines out the door for months .

My buddy’s now on a guided Elk hunt ,  , if he gets 200 pounds of meat the cost per pound will be $70 or so , Hunt , tips ,lic. Airfare , meat processing, shipping , taxidermy .

oh yeah mines not award winning either, but every tat tries it likes it. i just cant believe the cost these guys charge cause i know how much it costs to make after doing it myself and im not buying supplies in bulk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my flyer yesterday . CHECK THEIR FACEBOOK OR CALL  , before going . They are only taking venison every other day, due to covid ...... hours and day subject to Change . Here’s the flyer .

BE4A4F0D-15B5-4040-91EB-CA67427E4E9A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Got my flyer yesterday . CHECK THEIR FACEBOOK OR CALL  , before going . They are only taking venison every other day, due to covid ...... hours and day subject to Change . Here’s the flyer .

BE4A4F0D-15B5-4040-91EB-CA67427E4E9A.jpeg

My Costanzas is still running around the woods

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

My Costanzas is still running around the woods

Same here , although I decided to go out again for the last two hours today , so maybe not for long . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Same here , although I decided to go out again for the last two hours today , so maybe not for long . 

Im working til 3 and boot scoot boogying home to change and hit magic hour local

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.