looks like democrats going to try and steal the election

12 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes , you’re allowed to show up and vote in person , of course , but can you vote twice ? Do you trust the system to catch a double vote ? That’s what I’m saying . Don’t know if it would or wouldn’t , just saying I would t be surprised - with all the chaos surrounding the election this year- if it would not . 

Also , I read that slot of people received ballots not requested and they were blanket mailing them in certain areas . If someone not registered to vote was to get one , could they fill it out , sign it and vote ? Maybe IDK 

And , if this indeed did happen , BOTH sides should be concerned , because if we lose faith and trust in our election process , our Republic goes out the window I’m afraid 

As an aside , not really sure why you referred to my Comments as Trumpism and suggested he was preying upon the weak minded ness of his followers . Does voting for a certain candidate make them a Follower ? Are you Biden follower,  or , did you just vote for him because you agreed with his policies more ?  
I have been more than critical of Trump over his Presidency , especially over his handling of the pandemic so I’m no Trumper . Also , I clearly posed it as a rhetorical question hoping for feedback and a discussion ; not presenting it as a fact . You guys complain when conservatives are insulting to your side and I agree with that sentiment but then, hypocritically , do it yourselves . No need to insult , keep it respectful !! 

Yes , you’re allowed to show up and vote in person , of course , but can you vote twice ? Do you trust the system to catch a double vote ? That’s what I’m saying . Don’t know if it would or wouldn’t , just saying I would t be surprised - with all the chaos surrounding the election this year- if it would not . 

->You are reliant on electronic systems in many aspects of your life. This is not something new or odd. The voting procedure in NY allows for duplicate votes to give residents the opportunity to vote in person should they have any concerns about their mailed ballots  (ie. will it arrive on time?). Not only does the system catch duplicate ballots and, in these cases, accept only the in person vote, but there are other double and triple checking protocols in place to catch errors, should they arise. Concerns about people voting twice and getting to keep both votes are not actually real. They are part of Trump’s messaging campaign to save face and aim to stay relevant past January. Don’t let him fool you. 

Also , I read that slot of people received ballots not requested and they were blanket mailing them in certain areas . If someone not registered to vote was to get one , could they fill it out , sign it and vote ? Maybe IDK 

->Once again, this ain’t a real concern. Duplicate and unregistered ballots are not counted. Think about the numbers required and how complex a strategy would have to be to pull off something like this. Claims of widespread voter fraud have been investigated by Democrat and Republican administrations and all of them have turned up nothing. Don’t let them fool you.  

And , if this indeed did happen , BOTH sides should be concerned , because if we lose faith and trust in our election process , our Republic goes out the window I’m afraid 

->There is no evidence of fraud. Trump lawsuits are being dismissed left and right because they can’t substantiate anything.  Don’t let them fool you.  

As an aside , not really sure why you referred to my Comments as Trumpism and suggested he was preying upon the weak minded ness of his followers . Does voting for a certain candidate make them a Follower ? Are you Biden follower,  or , did you just vote for him because you agreed with his policies more ?  
I have been more than critical of Trump over his Presidency , especially over his handling of the pandemic so I’m no Trumper .

-> Look, even Fox News had to cut away from Trump’s press conference yesterday because their allegations were so absurd and entirely unsubstantiated. This is no longer Republican va Democrat. This has become Trumpism vs reason. 

Also , I clearly posed it as a rhetorical question hoping for feedback and a discussion ; not presenting it as a fact . You guys complain when conservatives are insulting to your side and I agree with that sentiment but then, hypocritically , do it yourselves . No need to insult , keep it respectful !! 

A series of suggestive question that bring reality into question does more violence than actually stating your opinions directly. Don’t hide behind “soft suggestions” or “rhetorical questions.”  This is a common approach by uninformed right wingers who haven’t spent time thinking things through yet still feel their opinions have merit.

If there was no fraud, then why are the Libs so against double checking the numbers? The president has every right to do so. And in cases where it’s less than 1%, it’s a mandatory recount. If Biden truly wants to unite and heal this country, then he should be calling for 100% transparency. If he won it fair and square, the 70 million + people that voted for Trump will accept the results without burning their cities down. Will the Libs do the same? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, airedale said:

You should settle down Left Field, there is more to life than being a hunting forum "TROLL"

I like you because you’re a dog guy and seem to be a really good shot, but this weird obsession you have with me is making me feel a little uncomfortable. 

Any chance you could go crush on someone else? 

• Haha 1

I need to apologize for my conduct in this forum last night. The things I said towards Phantom were in my own word “nothing constructive”. I have tried to avoid this sub forum, but got carried away last night. This sub has proven time and time again to be toxic for me, and I need to do a better job staying above board and only to hunting topics. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, left field said:

I like you because you’re a dog guy and seem to be a really good shot, but this weird obsession you have with me is making me feel a little uncomfortable. 

Any chance you could go crush on someone else? 

You should take a good look at what you just wrote and take your own advice as it is clear you yourself  have a crush on several board members, your problem will then be solved.

Edited by airedale

49 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

If there was no fraud, then why are the Libs so against double checking the numbers? The president has every right to do so. And in cases where it’s less than 1%, it’s a mandatory recount. If Biden truly wants to unite and heal this country, then he should be calling for 100% transparency. If he won it fair and square, the 70 million + people that voted for Trump will accept the results without burning their cities down. Will the Libs do the same? 

There has been no objection to transparency. To be honest, I’m somewhat surprised by the Democrat’s gallant recognition that Trump can seek closure via the courts. 
I know this was written by the your foil but the article includes reporting from Dem and Rep officials. It’s thorough. I think you’ll find it reassuring. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/us/politics/voting-fraud.html?referringSource=articleShare 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

13 minutes ago, airedale said:

You should take a good look at what you just wrote and take your own advice as it is clear you yourself  have a crush on several board members, your problem will then be solved.

I totally have a crush on a few guys here. Nice, friendly, generous, knowledgeable guys who have really helped on my hunting journey. 

Your crush on me seems a little darker. But hey, it's 2020 ... let your freak flag fly.

• Haha 1

Yes , you’re allowed to show up and vote in person , of course , but can you vote twice ? Do you trust the system to catch a double vote ? That’s what I’m saying . Don’t know if it would or wouldn’t , just saying I would t be surprised - with all the chaos surrounding the election this year- if it would not . 

And , if this indeed did happen , BOTH sides should be concerned , because if we lose faith and trust in our election process , our Republic goes out the window I’m afraid 

I have been more than critical of Trump over his Presidency , especially over his handling of the pandemic so I’m no Trumper . Also , I clearly posed it as a rhetorical question hoping for feedback and a discussion ; not presenting it as a fact . You guys complain when conservatives are insulting to your side and I agree with that sentiment but then, hypocritically , do it yourselves . No need to insult , keep it respectful !! 

So to answer some of your questions no you would not get a ballot if you are not registered to vote... yes the system knows who got a mail in ballot and recognized it when I went to vote. So yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NonTypical said:

Let's be transparent.

So to answer some of your questions no you would not get a ballot if you are not registered to vote... yes the system knows who got a mail in ballot and recognized it when I went to vote. So yes

Libs are not against checking where the margin warrants it. They are against widespread delegitimization of our democratic process

44 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I need to apologize for my conduct in this forum last night. The things I said towards Phantom were in my own word “nothing constructive”. I have tried to avoid this sub forum, but got carried away last night. This sub has proven time and time again to be toxic for me, and I need to do a better job staying above board and only to hunting topics. 

no problem   apology excepted  :)   will just say one thing you should look at what trump  did actions mean more then words  then  a Pretty feel good speech   and  personality  I get it trump was  a  big mouth he put his foot in his mouth a lot  .  but what he did for the country was mostly good not bad and a  lot of it helped  blacks and  working class people  not just the super rich .

gas prices being  so low  is just the most obvious that people can see  feel every day . you hunt right you  like guns right . Trump  did not make it harder to get into this sport .biden probably will with more gun control and giving the gun ,hunting  industry a hard time with more regulation  .

for Versatile_Hunter  high gas prices effects more then you think food products medical supplies  all plastics   shipping and travel costs  just about everything in your home made with oil . Oil goes up cost of living goes up .  People  really have no idea even that cell phone computer  you are typing on could not be  made  with out  oil . 

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Every state has a different system, what they do in NY is not how they handle things in every other state. https://ballotpedia.org/State_by_State_Provisional_Ballot_Laws

Whether anyone cares to believe my anecdote or not, I requested a mail-in in my state of Delaware because I was hunting out-of-state last week. I actually received 2 ballots to mail in. I did the right thing & only mailed in 1, I am not sure if both would have been counted if I had decided to cheat. But obviously something is not right if 2 ballots are mailed out. The system is flawed, I would venture to guess any Biden voter would want a recount too if they believed that inaccurate counting would have influenced the election negatively.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

no problem   apology excepted  :)   will just say one thing you should look at what trump  did actions mean more then words  then  a Pretty feel good speech   and  personality  I get it trump was  a  big mouth he put his foot in his mouth a lot  .  but what he did for the country was mostly good not bad and a  lot of it helped  blacks and  working class people  not just the super rich .

gas prices being  so low  is just the most obvious that people can see  feel every day . you hunt right you  like guns right . Trump  did not make it harder to get into this sport .biden probably will with more gun control and giving the gun ,hunting  industry a hard time with more regulation  .

for Versatile_Hunter  high gas prices effects more then you think food products medical supplies  all plastics   shipping and travel costs  just about everything in your home made with oil . Oil goes up cost of living goes up .  People  really have no idea even that cell phone computer  you are typing on could not be  made  with out  oil . 

Thank you Phantom, your acceptance means a lot. 

Edited by Splitear

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

Ok , let’s assume you’re right and only registered voters received mail-ins And, that further , the system would register your in person vote if you changed your mind and voted in person. But what about this : If , you submitted  you’re mail in AND voted in person and the machine registered your vote , the mail in’s are just counted by people en masse aren’t they ? Not machines , at least , that’s the impression I’ve had from the news . And , the people counting weren’t  being Overly thorough due to the sheer volume and time constraints , trying to get it all done as quick as possible , right ? Also , they’re not running those paper ballot through machines , they’re just counting 2 piles : Biden, Trump right? Then they put on a spreadsheet, download and submit , right ? So , due to this flawed process, Couldn’t they just count that ballot as valid too and, thus , give you 2 votes ? 

how about this  just have universal voter ID laws and  in person voting .  No mail in ballots except for  military  overseas  or a very good excuse but only if you ask for it  and have ID.  with out that don't expect people to trust the outcome . for all we Know these mail in ballots are fakes made in china  who knows they fake everything else we make.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Every state has a different system, what they do in NY is not how they handle things in every other state. https://ballotpedia.org/State_by_State_Provisional_Ballot_Laws

Whether anyone cares to believe my anecdote or not, I requested a mail-in in my state of Delaware because I was hunting out-of-state last week. I actually received 2 ballots to mail in. I did the right thing & only mailed in 1, I am not sure if both would have been counted if I had decided to cheat. But obviously something is not right if 2 ballots are mailed out. The system is flawed, I would venture to guess any Biden voter would want a recount too if they believed that inaccurate counting would have influenced the election negatively.

This is what I’m saying and I heard a lot more of this from others too where people were making jokes about it before the election. Also , I agree with your assessment that all states had different systems in place for counting votes and thus , are not equal . So I ask Would both votes have been counted if he had mailed both in ? That’s what I’d like to know!! 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

good point  all they need to  do  is just mail 2 or or 3 mail ins to every one in  only  mostly democratic areas and if  even a small percent actually send more then one in it will effect the election  and with no id laws its a mess .