Windy or what!!!!!!!

nyslowhand

a few pieces of siding flew off the back of my house. i wish the pieces that came off werent so high up so i could do the job my self seeing that they were about 35' up looks like im gonna have to spend some money on having it done. dam wind.

I had one of those 10' X 15' tent sheds in the back yard . Thought I had it anchored down pretty but it broke free of the anchors and flipped over . It has a tear on top and is pretty much trash now ! Gotta go back out and figure out what I can do with the Patio furniture , mower , etc .........

Lost some fascia on the house and couple limbs down in the yard... They clocked winds at the Syracuse Carrier Dome at 110 mph they said on the news

Yikes..we aren't ready for that kind of wind in the north east. Hope every one is ok out that way.

When we were in Vegas a few years ago they had a wind warning, being from here I thought nothing about going out on the Harley we had rented thinking it was no big deal. Turns out a wind warning in the desert means sustained winds of 40-50 and gusts over 100, now that was a long ride made longer by weather.

With the "portable garage" disaster , I pulled the ATV out of the shed , put the cover on it and loaded the shed with the Patio Furniture . My oldest son drove up from Honeoye falls and helped me disassemble the blown over portable garage . I should have taken pics but I was too p.o.'ed to bother .

A few of the tube supports were bent as well as the bolts and a rip in the top . That's what I get for not spending more for a solid shed !

Hudson Valley was windy too, not so much as you guys had up north but damn....I took a walk in the woods and saw nothing, everything hunkered down for a time being....can we get some hunting weather for a change please? :-)

Yeah the wind was wild here. We still had a ton of ice on trees from last weeks ice storm. It took out a transformer about 5 blocks from here and the sky was blue for about a minute and power was out for 90 minutes. Gave me a chance to play with the new generator to run the pellet stove. Worked well. They say the winds hit about 70 mph here. It sounded like a freight train going by here. Took downa lor og ice covered trees here. It sure reminded me if the major ice storm of 15 years ago.

It all turned out good here. I had a huge widow-maker hanging from one of my trees over on the side of the front yard. Wasn't sure how I was going to get it down. It's down now thanks to the wind.

It might not be such great news up on the hill. The ATV trail up the hill might require a bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...

this wind has been insane this winter i went in the back yard earlier and now i have another piece of siding down i wouldnt mindt if it fell down where i could reach it and replace it but it really sucks when its above the attic windows in a 2nd story house