Looking for a Chevy.

My step dad has a silverado, good truck. I always have liked the S-10s being that my father had one when i was growing up and we use to do alot with that truck. This will be my first vehicle and Im paying for it myself because i wont let my dad give me a hand out, so let me know what you guys have. Thank you.

I had a 2001 S-10 and it was okay . Had to put a lot of money in it for various repairs and I got rid of it . I also started gettin poor gas mileage .

My oldest son has a Silverado and it is a gas hog .

Like WNYBH asked , what do you want to use it for ? There might be a better alternative .

16 years old and you want to drive around in a pickup with high school chicks? Haha, I think you want a Corvette, Mustang, BMW, etc.

Haven't you been reading his posts? From the looks of things in his town, a pickup will do just fine. I don't think they ever saw a BMW. That's something cityslickers drive. And don't forget, the bed of the pickup is the perfect place to do you know what if he gets lucky with one of those chicks. He just rolls open a tarp, kicks away the beer cans and they can go at it to their hearts delight. Hee Haw! LOL

Edited by steve863
  • Like 2

Some advice from a ex. chevy tech/service advisor. Over 13 years in chevy. DO NOT BUY A S10, they suck that is why they are cheap. Silverado is ok, hope you have some good tools cause as much as I love chevy's they just are not built to last. After leaving Chevy I purchased a Tacoma in 2003 never once did i brake down or need any major service... About 150,000 miles and still going strong... As a ex mechanic I did not want to work on my own vehecle and guese what besided maintenace, oil change, tune up's, tires etc. I have not had to fix a single thing in this truck. I love chevy product but just wish they made them better. Such a shame we can not build a long lasting vehecle that is designed to keep going, not brake down after a certian amount of usage... Only thing wrong is dash lights are out, not bad considering mi. and 9 years of driving...

Just wait until the frame rots out in your Toyota. Its not a matter of if it will happen, but when it will happen. Ive seen 7 of them, all 2000s models, all owned by people I know, and all of them ended up with fist size or larger holes in the frames. The good news is, Toyota will buy it back from you and give you KBB top value and a half for it if you buy another Toyota.

i have a 1999 chevy S10, i am the second owner and i love it. i bought it from a buddy who bought it brandnew. i bought it to use for the house and see if id like having a truck. i like it so much that i out grew it and need a full size. so i will be selling the S10 soon...

I dont want my dad to help me out because i hate kids in my school that come in all happy because they got a car for thier birthday and they are driving brand new cars like chargers and G6's and all this crap. I dont want a BMW or a Benz or a Lambo or none of that crap, I want a truck. I would rather ride ariound in a truck then a G6 or anything like that, i love trucks. Im 16, born and raised in south plymouth, country is how i was raised and all i will ever be. and I want to buy my own truck to feel more proud in it and to say i did it on my own. I dont do much towing we use my dads truck for that, but maybe throwing some wood in the back every now and then. I am saving up now with my part time job, with just two weeks i have 46 hours so im doing pretty good. Hopefully i wil find someone that will do a payment plan with me or something, looking for something 2000$ or lower, and i know there are trucks out there, not looking for anything new, just something that will get me from A to B.

there hasnt been much that i needed to replace on my S10 in the few years of me having it, a batt maybe thats it... its a 5spd 4x4 6ft bed with a cap. Fun little truck... im thinking about getting a nissan titan, i love that truck