How would you handle this?

Five Seasons

10 minutes ago, Sir-diealot said:

I would flat out chuck him off the property, he is one step from poaching and you don't need that kind of trash. He is going to get you all thrown off the property.

Throw the son-in-law off his family property?  Good luck with that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Thats fine and congrats.  But I want to enjoy every time I go out, bow, crossbow, rifle, ML, spring, summer , winter and fall....to me the kill is a small part of what I enjoy about the hunt and owning property..  but thats me. I understand that not all have the means or desire to own, but if your passion is what you say it is then do something to change your current situation,  if not then deal with it. Its that simple.

we're the same. It's not about the harvest so much as it is the journey for me too. I just didn't want you to pity me either haha

Lol -you are too after killing the giant.   I need that spot.  
I'm going to take your advice and be firm about how I tell@johnplav how that spot he killed that giant now belongs to me and he needs to run along and keep away from my freshly acquired property

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Lol -you are too after killing the giant.   I need that spot.  

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm going to take your advice and be firm about how I tell@johnplav how that spot he killed that giant now belongs to me and he needs to run along and keep away from my freshly acquired property

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Apparently I killed the only deer on the property, so have at it.

• Like 1

Is that really how you feel? Where's the line on legality for you when you stop sitting by and letting it happen? Baiting? Spot lighting? Not tagging?
honest question, because this response surprises me some as I figured most of us here were stewards of the land

It’s absolutely how I feel. I couldn’t give a crap less about legality on other people’s land. If someone wants to bait/ not tag/ spotlight or anything else on their land that’s their choice. I won’t partake in it but I’m not calling them in either.

I’ve broken game laws before as I’m sure many others have. I have matured and changed my ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Your poking the bear. Yes, we are sometimes quick to point out to others what they may or may not have done wrong, but in this situation it may be wise to stay quiet. Or, have your dad speak with his FIL since they have a great relationship. Leave it to the old guys to handle it "old school". This dude is gonna show his FIL the texts or tell a twisted story and then it may be too late for you. Better to just let him do his thing, as it's his FAMILYS property, just as you can do what you want on your family's property. Right or wrong, I'd let it be.

One simple way to help may be to get a cell jammer so he doesn't get pics from his cams. If there's no pics he may hunt there less.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johnplav said:

Throw the son-in-law off his family property?  Good luck with that. 

Have thrown kin off land before and they never returned, it was fine with everyone because they saw how it was going. The son in law is being absolutely insulting to the father-in-law and everybody else on the land, he was given a PRIVILEGE, not a right and he is abusing it in some of most insulting ways possible. If he (father-in-law) does not want to do throw him off he should tell the land owner what is going on and have him throw the kid off. Regardless the kid is disrespectful and argumentative, he needs to go.

• Haha 1

Good luck tossing him off the property @Belo   In the slight chance that doesn’t work out, feel free to hunt my father-in-laws land tomorrow with @moog5050 and @The Jerkman. Iv already PM’ed them a map showing my best stands.  

In all seriousness, I hope you can work with that guy to maintain access and maybe even improve the hunting.  Anything else you can think of that could have led to a the decrease in the quality of hunting?  It sounds like the son in law only took a couple deer in 4 years.  Either way, good luck the rest of the season!  

• Like 1