Vaccination

30 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Omicron is mild, but contains many mutations that heretofore have not been seen. That means first, that it is a platform for further mutations of unknown consequence, as of course many of our members on here appreciate and have remarked on, and second, it's a wake up call that this virus has the capacity to mutate extensively. Unfortunately not all mutations are benign. My question is how did this thing arise with so many de novo mutations all at once? Likely in an extensively unvaccinated population under the right conditions serving as a perfect incubator. It will happen over and over.

Admittedly, the current status doesn't warrant panic, but we shouldn't blow off the potential for things to go south, either. Just another something to keep our eyes on. Game on.

I'm sure the powers at be would admit if their break through gene manipulation process was behind the mutations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

I don't think you follow.  It's a weak variant, yet the people who vaxed are the one's getting it the most.  One would think they would be immune to it since the vax should've built up their antibodies like natural immunity would.  Is their natural immunity now lowered due to the vax, or perhaps not changed at all?

Ok. I get what your saying now.  

Unless you could correlate vaccines with weakened immune systems across the board, then your theory would be wrong. But there would need to be a study done.   But from what we know about vaccines we all take as kids, it doesn't weaken us.  I get this vax is new and different….

By all accounts, we have all had it worse after a day playing in the snow.  Omicron is just a name and media has drummed up fear, and a good job at that. 

• Like 1

Omicron is mild, but contains many mutations that heretofore have not been seen. That means first, that it is a platform for further mutations of unknown consequence, as of course many of our members on here appreciate and have remarked on, and second, it's a wake up call that this virus has the capacity to mutate extensively. Unfortunately not all mutations are benign. My question is how did this thing arise with so many de novo mutations all at once? Likely in an extensively unvaccinated population under the right conditions serving as a perfect incubator. It will happen over and over.
Admittedly, the current status doesn't warrant panic, but we shouldn't blow off the potential for things to go south, either. Just another something to keep our eyes on. Game on.

I appreciate your objective, informed post. Thanks for bringing some sanity and knowledge to this quite theoretical, emotion- based thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chef said:

You mean reality

How can you still believe anything you hear , the new strain turns out has been here since at least as far back as November 15th which means it was probably way before that .

The mainstream media has definitely not promoted this ,they wont even come out and admit how mild the new variant is . That is why they focus strictly on case numbers now because it sounds much more scary then to tell people nobody has died from the most recent strain.

It’s not a fact that is more mild yet but it’s looking that way.

Also delta not omicron is still the dominant strain in this country. So for right now the benefit of mild omicron isn’t here

A question.

Say 10 years from now we look closely at all the statistics and actually see how many lives we actually saved because of these lockdowns and mandates.

Its a harsh way of looking at it but many of the people that have died were not going to survive that many more years anyways.

It is a fact that we have lost more people lost to covid than what would have normaly lived on.

It is also a fact that there has been a rise in suicides, overdoses, and other cause because of the poorer quality of life.

Many family businesses that are ruined and may have provided a good life for their family down the road. 

People have lost things that they will never get back. Like time spent with a loved one in their last days.

Many things that are hard to quantify. Absolutely no one in the main stream media or in  control want to address, so we will never really know .

IMO we have and will continue to lose way more than what we possibly may have gained.

• Like 5

Madison county supervisor basically told the state - go to hell we aren't doing it. Lol. 
https://www.google.com/amp/www.wktv.com/templates/AMP%3fcontentID=575896401

Thats what its going to take if we want this BS over before two weeks to flatten the curve is literally two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

A question.
Say 10 years from now we look closely at all the statistics and actually see how many lives we actually saved because of these lockdowns and mandates.
Its a harsh way of looking at it but many of the people that have died were not going to survive that many more years anyways.
It is a fact that we have lost more people lost to covid than what would have normaly lived on.
It is also a fact that there has been a rise in suicides, overdoses, and other cause because of the poorer quality of life.
Many family businesses that are ruined and may have provided a good life for their family down the road. 
People have lost things that they will never get back. Like time spent with a loved one in their last days.
Many things that are hard to quantify. Absolutely no one in the main stream media or in  control want to address, so we will never really know .
IMO we have and will continue to lose way more than what we possibly may have gained.

Last stat I found showed the average age of those that died WITH covid was 6yrs over the national life expectancy.

That sounds like an illness worth destroying our country over….

• Like 3

We sure as hell are not "extensively unvaccinated"

• Like 1

Last stat I found showed the average age of those that died WITH covid was 6yrs over the national life expectancy.

That sounds like an illness worth destroying our country over….

Are your parents still around? Would you feel the same if they died from covid?

Also our country isn’t destroyed and most lockdowns were under trump not Biden

My mom is, she’s 60, obese and still smokes, somethings going to get her sooner than later…

• Like 1

What a caring son she has

My mom lives 100yds from me. I do everything for her, don’t go more than 2 days in a row without seeing her. I love her as much as I love anyone in the world but she’s made life choices that will make her time on earth shorter than it should be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Democrats were going to do everything in their power to drag this country down while trump was in office ,you can't even argue that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My mom lives 100yds from me. I do everything for her, don’t go more than 2 days in a row without seeing her. I love her as much as I love anyone in the world but she’s made life choices that will make her time on earth shorter than it should be.

Sad but true .

my wife smoked for 40 years, finally quit but has copd. I told her for years I wasn’t going to push her around in a wheelchair ,while she was on O2 .

She finally quit, but gained some weight , as she was always skinny , she dropped those pounds last year thank God .

It’s funny seeing posts from fat tubs of lard on here , dude it’s your #1 risk factor if your a true COVID believer drop those LBs ,you’ve  had two years but nothing ….lol 

• Like 2

Tell that to the nurses in Michigan hospitals right now.

And Florida before that? And Texas before that? And Westchester county NY before that? No doubt we have shortages of medical staff across the country. These heroes deserve to be paid more. Higher salaries and less mandates would help everyone.

• Like 1

Sad but true .
my wife smoked for 40 years, finally quit but has copd. I told her for years I wasn’t going to push her around in a wheelchair ,while she was on O2 .
She finally quit, but gained some weight , as she was always skinny , she dropped those pounds last year thank God .

It’s funny seeing posts from fat tubs of lard on here , dude it’s your #1 risk factor if your a true COVID believer drop those LBs ,you’ve  had two years but nothing ….lol 

Hey! I went from 180lbs to 160lbs and feel better at 37 years old than 27 years old. Not commuting and spending a ton more time outside, chasing a toddler, less partying, and eating lean is fantastic!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Trumps the man !!! 

I'm not even that big of a trump fan but I am a fan of a president who puts what's best for the United states first. We lost that for 8 years with Obama and we are one year down with the current loser in the white house.

• Like 3

Sad but true .

Exactly, I love my mom! But I’ve told her for years that she’s selfish and doesn’t care about her granddaughter as she tokes down the coffin nails. I tell her all the time that she’s going to a home because I refuse to push her around and take care of her once the inevitable happens.