Vaccination

my mom is in the hospital. she had the covid last year and in February she got her first shot and in march she got her second but got sick from it so i stayed with her and but the next day she was fine we knew she would get a reaction from the second shot.Two weeks ago today i was looking for a new car/truck [DO NOT BUY A CAR NOW AND DEFFENTLY NOT FROM TOYOTA!!! ].She was with me all day @ the ''dealers'' and the next day i got rid of my old truck and went to puck up the truck from one of the dealers i finally i bought the truck from  and she calls and said im sick i run over there take her to the hospital on the way there on the cross island pkway she threw up in the back seat brand[ new truck 14 mi on it but i wasnt worried about its only a truck]she has been in the hospital for a week we been fighting with the doctors to find out was cause her to have fluid around her heart and in her left lung.So today they finally are draining the fluid but the CDC issued a statement that although rare is a side affect from the covid phizer shot

• Sad 1

my mom is in the hospital. she had the covid last year and in February she got her first shot and in march she got her second but got sick from it so i stayed with her and but the next day she was fine we knew she would get a reaction from the second shot.Two weeks ago today i was looking for a new car/truck [DO NOT BUY A CAR NOW AND DEFFENTLY NOT FROM TOYOTA!!! ].She was with me all day @ the ''dealers'' and the next day i got rid of my old truck and went to puck up the truck from one of the dealers i finally i bought the truck from  and she calls and said im sick i run over there take her to the hospital on the way there on the cross island pkway she threw up in the back seat brand[ new truck 14 mi on it but i wasnt worried about its only a truck]she has been in the hospital for a week we been fighting with the doctors to find out was cause her to have fluid around her heart and in her left lung.So today they finally are draining the fluid but the CDC issued a statement that although rare is a side affect from the covid phizer shot

That sucks. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Biden lied. He promised 70% US vaccinated by July 4. The number is currently 45.2%

Imagine if that happened while the last guy was in office, they would do something crazy like impeach him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Biden lied. He promised 70% US vaccinated by July 4. The number is currently 45.2%

With children now eligible to receive the vaccine, the denominator has really blown up. The 1st shot rate for 18 and up is currently at 66% and we still have a couple of weeks until the 4th.
Regardless, isn’t it great to discuss the impact of Biden being a couple percentage points off the mark? Politics should be boring. Good riddance to Trump!

45 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

With children now eligible to receive the vaccine, the denominator has really blown up. The 1st shot rate for 18 and up is currently at 66% and we still have a couple of weeks until the 4th.
Regardless, isn’t it great to discuss the impact of Biden being a couple percentage points off the mark? Politics should be boring. Good riddance to Trump!

I'm just glad the last guy got the ball rolling for the current administration, god only knows how far behind we would be if he hadn't. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

didnt the WHO just recommend against children getting the vax after all the heart issues?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Keep your fingers crossed! If US rolls back recommendations for children you may just get your 70% without having to modify with “18 and up.”

whatever it takes. I just don't want to wear a mask when flying. Hopefully that ends mid september

21 hours ago, phade said:

Nobody happy is a crappy place to live.

Couldn't agree more. But maybe it's more a little bit angry, a little bit happy. Nobody gets everything they want - but they get what they need, to paraphrase the immortal words of a R&R legend. 

It's got to be better than the constant antagonism and feuding that's defined our social interactions lately.

3 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Good riddance to what, cheap gas? A safe country? And multitude of great things he did for this country. Great job voting for the brain dead moron in office now 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Waterfowler said:

Good riddance to what, cheap gas? A safe country? And multitude of great things he did for this country. Great job voting for the brain dead moron in office now 

You have to forgive our bleeding heart lib friend,  the news told him the last guy was no good for the country.  Some of us can just look around and see how well we were doing . No war ,stability in the cost of pretty much everything ,all that stuff the doesnt really matter.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

You have to forgive our bleeding heart lib friend,  the news told him the last guy was no good for the country.  Some of us can just look around and see how well we were doing . No war ,stability in the cost of pretty much everything ,all that stuff the doesnt really matter.

Who told you that, Alex Jones? It’s not as if a global pandemic that crippled manufacturing and supply lines across the world could have had an impact on price volatility. Yeah, keep looking around. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Who told you that, Alex Jones? It’s not as if a global pandemic that crippled manufacturing and supply lines across the world could have had an impact on price volatility. Yeah, keep looking around. 

We're on the way out of this "pandemic" ,costs are at an all time high ,coincidently we have a new president . It didn't go south til the new administration stepped in . The border is looking pretty good too these days too or did the news forget to tell you just how it's going?  The media needs people like you. 

40 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

We're on the way out of this "pandemic" ,costs are at an all time high ,coincidently we have a new president . It didn't go south til the new administration stepped in . The border is looking pretty good too these days too or did the news forget to tell you just how it's going?  The media needs people like you. 

Jesus, pandemic in quotations? You really are an Alex Jones conspiracist. The border situation continues to be a humanitarian crisis that presents no threat to you in any way. Find another bogeyman. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Jesus, pandemic in quotations? You really are an Alex Jones conspiracist. The border situation continues to be a humanitarian crisis that presents no threat to you in any way. Find another bogeyman. 

Nice deflection, you're allowed to say the people you voted for aren't doing what they said they were going to do . You're way to faithful ,trust me ,they don't give a flying F about you . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Nice deflection, you're allowed to say the people you voted for aren't doing what they said they were going to do . You're way to faithful ,trust me ,they don't give a flying F about you . 

I don’t share your pathological need to fantasize that particular politicians care about me. And yes, leave your limp-wristed attempts at denying the pandemic out of the vaccine thread. 

6 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I don’t share your pathological need to fantasize that particular politicians care about me. And yes, leave your limp-wristed attempts at denying the pandemic out of the vaccine thread. 

LOL , after all this it was the quotes that triggered you the most .  Cheers  enjoy your weekend.

12 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I'm not going to get into the political components, but he did shut down a pipeline project. Gas prices wouldn't be as high - that's a fact. Plus the hack that took place under his watch that shut down Colonial. That also drove prices higher. 

Neither had to do with a global pandemic. He had an option not to kick the dog when it was down, yet he still shuttered the pipeline and prices rose instantly which trickle into the economy. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise, which is rare in discussions like this. Usually one can see another side of the coin, but this is pretty black and white.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, phade said:

He had an option not to kick the dog when it was down, yet he still shuttered the pipeline and prices rose instantly which trickle into the economy. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise, which is rare in discussions like this. Usually one can see another side of the coin, but this is pretty black and white.

and we all knew this was coming too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

and we all knew this was coming too.

I try to stay out of politics as noted, but I have seen alot of articles saying Biden isn't responsible for the gas prices. And that shuttering the Keystone XL project didn't impact prices. I don't know where they find the economic experts that make the statements that they do.

But, the cost of a gallon of gas is not comprised of what it cost to make it, along with taxes, logistics, profit, etc. The price now is actually reflective of the expected cost to produce that gallon IN THE FUTURE. It's not different than the stock prices, which are representation of future earnings.

Him shuttering that pipeline project added back in the reduced future projected costs that were in today's price elasticity. 

So...he IS responsible for that decision he made. He also knew that. He also knew he could bury the news during a pandemic and place increasing price blame on the pandemic. 

So, enjoy the gas prices for the next few years. Ain't gonna be cheap.

• Like 3

Wife and I going for our 2nd Moderna shot today. With her going through what she is, we decided to get the shot. Weighing our options, I think it was the best one for us. 

I am enjoying no mask outside of work lately!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

LOL , after all this it was the quotes that triggered you the most .  Cheers  enjoy your weekend.

It takes a deplorable level of ignorance to suggest that a pandemic wasn't actually real on a board where numerous folks have shared the pain of having lost loved ones to the virus. It take a repugnant level of cowardice to hide behind quotations rather than saying exactly what you think. But of course, you have no coherent opinion about why the pandemic would be in quotes. You just know that Alex Jones and Fox and Friends use a funny voice when they say "pandemic." 

• Like 1