Jump to content

Bag Limit For Whitetail?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

Hunt thicker areas..  where 25 yards is max viability to shoot in bow ,and maybe only in one lane most shots are under 10 yards, use your ears  and yes you will feel closterphobic.   Makes a world of difference . 

My stands are on the edge of the thick stuff now , I'm convinced my problem is I've never hunted that place and not had a swirling wind ,valleys suck for hunting.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

read the regs guide where it shows a picture for each of 3 carcass tags that are guaranteed when you purchase privileges to hunt early season with a bow, regular season with a gun, and late season with a muzzleloader. there's a large number of combinations of qty of bucks and doe you can take by seasons end. assuming you purchased all three carcass tags you can shoot up to 2 bucks by seasons end but only 1 during early season, 1 during regular season, and 2 during late season if you have both those specific tags unfilled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the regs.....hmmmm thats an idea or ask a bunch of people you dont know about the law....this was all covered so many times here its old...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, land 1 said:

Read the regs.....hmmmm thats an idea or ask a bunch of people you dont know about the law....this was all covered so many times here its old...

This is a discussion board though .  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

3S has unlimited doe tags. You keep turning them in and getting another. I think I read a few times about guys who take 20+ per year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
read the regs guide where it shows a picture for each of 3 carcass tags that are guaranteed when you purchase privileges to hunt early season with a bow, regular season with a gun, and late season with a muzzleloader. there's a large number of combinations of qty of bucks and doe you can take by seasons end. assuming you purchased all three carcass tags you can shoot up to 2 bucks by seasons end but only 1 during early season, 1 during regular season, and 2 during late season if you have both those specific tags unfilled.

I can shoot two bucks on Oct 1 or any day until 12/32 in 3S (and I think Long Island too but no Fontaine there). Since it’s bow only all season big game tag is good all season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crappyice said:


I can shoot two bucks on Oct 1 or any day until 12/32 in 3S (and I think Long Island too but no Fontaine there). Since it’s bow only all season big game tag is good all season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're westchester though and don't count. all your rules are different down there. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

The way you wrote years back + now,I  always thought you were financially  worse off then me. I mean,I  never made more then 30,000 in a year.

  Yet,I  see Beautiful  new Tractors + Farm equipment, Alot of Land,Deer Clubhouse to hunt the Food Plot from and you seem to travel alot when working. 

   Glad to see you are taking all those Deer- but,I  think it is a Surplus to Food you can already afford.  

  I always thought early on you lived off the land the way you wrote.

What you talkin bout BilliS ?

My newest tractor is 16 years old and my other 70 year old one is laid up now with a flat rear tire and rusted out rim.   

I prefer to "live off the land" over store bought food, but I work hard to keep costs down.  This "deer clubhouse" has been my most productive and cost me about zero dollars in materials:

 

20201215_174834.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wolc123 said:

What you talkin bout BilliS ?

My newest tractor is 16 years old and my other 70 year old one is laid up now with a flat rear tire and rusted out rim.   

I prefer to "live off the land" over store bought food, but I work hard to keep costs down.  This "deer clubhouse" has been my most productive and cost me about zero dollars in materials:

 

20201215_174834.jpg

Ol Wolc-- I think you had me and others fooled all these years. You are definitely  doing much better Financially  then you dare to let on.

  Grizzly Adams you are not - lol.

    For myself-- perhaps it is good that,I  cannot Afford to go to the Liquor  Store except before Holidays when,I  can drink again.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Your not counting in archery and muzzleloader seasons. 

And yes some on here do , @crappyiceand @Hock3y24 kill them 5 at a time. Lol. 

I took 5 last year we don’t buy meat I have taken as many as 6 in one season I average 3

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mowin said:

You can't get "as many as you can get " signed over to you. Only DMP tags can be sign over, and ONLY 2. 

Actually that is exactly what I was referring, but not very clearly. I believe it is the original tag holder who is limited by what they can sign over, not the recipient. Good point to clarify, not that I have any interest in looking for tags like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

Actually that is exactly what I was referring, but not very clearly. I believe it is the original tag holder who is limited by what they can sign over, not the recipient. Good point to clarify, not that I have any interest in looking for tags like that.

Nope.  A hunter can only receive two DMP tags signed over from other hunters.  In fact your license only has two spots where your supposed to record the tag numbers you received from someone before your allowed to fill that tag.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 7:22 PM, Jeremy K said:

I cant even see one antlered deer worth shooting LOL 

  The small yearlings are much easier for some. They don’t have a Worth card.                Any 3inch spike fits their Worth. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  The small yearlings are much easier for some. They don’t have a Worth card.                Any 3inch spike fits their Worth. 

You spelled “tastier” wrong!
Good to see you my friend!
Shoot what you live; love what you shoot....within the legal limits of course!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, Daveboone said:

In the correct seasons/regions.

Actually one buck bow, one buck muzzleloader (if you have bow and ML tags) and one rifle. Please dont just because you can.  I can, but it would be a real slob of me to do so when in my area other folks struggle to get one.

No. You can't take 3 bucks in NY unless you are in some crazy area. for the majority of the state under normal regulations you are not allowed 3 bucks. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, Jeremy K said:

MZ tag is antlerless 

no it isn't. You buy the first special privilege  and get an either sex. The second special privilege gets you an antlerless only tag and they can both be used in either season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

  The small yearlings are much easier for some. They don’t have a Worth card.                Any 3inch spike fits their Worth. 

Somebody is shooting them , we see between 3 and 5 spikes or small rack deer every season but only seem to hold one maybe 2 worth shooting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

no it isn't. You buy the first special privilege  and get an either sex. The second special privilege gets you an antlerless only tag and they can both be used in either season. 

I guess i spoke too broadly because i always get an either sex archery and a late bow mz tag that is antlerless . I forget not everyone bow hunts

Edited by Jeremy K
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Somebody is shooting them , we see between 3 and 5 spikes or small rack deer every season but only seem to hold one maybe 2 worth shooting. 

Spikes and yearlings also do move to different areas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suburbanfarmer said:

Spikes and yearlings also do move to different areas.

I understand , we see some small ones only once that are probably from down the road. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I guess i spoke too broadly because i always get an either sex archery and a late bow mz tag that is antlerless . I forget not everyone bow hunts

they actually both say Bow/Mz on them and can be used in either season if you buy the privilege. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2021 at 10:46 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

No. You can't take 3 bucks in NY unless you are in some crazy area. for the majority of the state under normal regulations you are not allowed 3 bucks. 

even in Albany, NY (WMU 4J) where it's bow only they did away with the either sex bonus DMP. people were abusing it by filling the tag on adjacent WMU's where there was much more access. now if you fill DMPs they give you bonus DMPs which are only allowed to take antlerless deer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...