King andy declares gun state of emergency.

mowin

Ok I don’t like Cuomo at all nor do I like more restrictive gun laws.   But unless I missed it, this is aimed at illegal guns used in violent crimes.   I can’t say I am opposed to efforts to curb that.  We literally have a shooting or more a day here in Rochester.  Something needs to be done.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

if the laws that are on the books were fully enforced by the courts and locked criminals up that would go a long way, and we didnt treat criminals with kid gloves and handcuff the cops , let the police do there job, but the issue is criminals have no real concern over punishment or jail in NY

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ok I don’t like Cuomo at all nor do I like more restrictive gun laws.   But unless I missed it, this is aimed at illegal guns used in violent crimes.   I can’t say I am opposed to efforts to curb that.  We literally have a shooting or more a day here in Rochester.  Something needs to be done.  

The progressive mind set ,they don't believe in labeling anyone so criminals are free to be criminals . They blame the guns instead of admitting their progressive way of thinking isn't what is destroying the nation.     

• Like 6

Apparently all the "gun safety" laws like the SAFE Act are really not working.

Hopefully Cuomo's task force will look at the common denominators profiling the people committing gun violence.  Issues like the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs, violent criminals let out of prison, violent people let loose on parole and the violently mentally ill who are not institutionalized.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

There are laws already on the books for what he's proposing.  But unfortunately, it's disgusted as a new law to take guns from "law abiding citizens".  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mowin said:

There are laws already on the books for what he's proposing.  But unfortunately, it's disgusted as a new law to take guns from "law abiding citizens".  

You will have to show me that as I saw nothing from the article other than preventive programs for kids and task force to address illegal ie unregistered guns used by criminals.  I know we all hate restrictive gun laws and cuomo but I also don’t jump to conclusions simply because he wants to address gun violence.   It is out of hand right now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You will have to show me that as I saw nothing from the article other than preventive programs for kids and task force to address illegal ie unregistered guns used by criminals.  I know we all hate restrictive gun laws and cuomo but I also don’t jump to conclusions simply because he wants to address gun violence.   It is out of hand right now.  

Are there not laws in place already to control this?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Talking with a Buffalo cop last night after I got drilled by some dude who was smoking his blunt ,he said bail reform is the biggest issue yet .Let’s start there .Then get rid of the liberal politicians who have created the empowerment of these criminals .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, mowin said:

Are there not laws in place already to control this?

Did you read the article?   You said it’s disguised as a new law to take guns from law abiding citizens.   It’s not a law at all and I read nothing that suggests it impacts any law abiding citizens.   

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Did you read the article?   You said it’s disguised as a new law to take guns from law abiding citizens.   It’s not a law at all and I read nothing that suggests it impacts any law abiding citizens.   

Ok, you obviously love king andy.  Good for you. 

• Haha 1

In the times union it says 

Cuomo also announced he would sign a bill — sponsored by Democratic Assemblywoman Patricia Fahy of Albany — making it easier to sue gun companies for violence perpetrated with their products. 

I've said it before guns don't kill people. People kill people .. I don't agree with suing manufacturers for such acts of madness or violence 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 4

Simple solution. You get convicted of a felony while using a gun you get the death sentence. You get convicted of a misdemeanor using a gun you get 10 years hard labor no parole and not TV cushy prisons. You get convicted of a crime you lose your rights. Make penalties that actually deter crimes. 

• Like 2

So, One of the lead dipshit who's responsible for the cause of the gun violence, is now going to fix it ?

Does anyone here think that his past decisions were done on purpose, so he could take the SAFE act to the next level, with the outraged publics support, to make even more restrictive laws to punish legal gun owners ?

Does anyone here think that his "Emergency powers" are going to just effect criminals ?

The last time Cuomo gave himself Emergency powers, over ten thousand Innocents died.

El douche strikes again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Simple solution. You get convicted of a felony while using a gun you get the death sentence. You get convicted of a misdemeanor using a gun you get 10 years hard labor no parole and not TV cushy prisons. You get convicted of a crime you lose your rights. Make penalties that actually deter crimes. 

Wouldn't that make sense?  But no..

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Ok, you obviously love king andy.  Good for you. 

Again it has nothing to do with that.  And I refuse to continue a discussion with someone who purports to comment on a new executive order but fails read it.   

Just now, moog5050 said:

Again it has nothing to do with that.  And I refuse to continue a discussion with someone who purports to comment on a new executive order but fails read it.   

Good, loose your rights as a legal gun owner.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

3 shootings in Utica this weekend and 5 in Syracuse. It's def not just Rochester.   The bail reform I think is one of the major reasons for the uptick.  The people that are arrested for "lessor" crimes are most often the ones that also commit more heinous crimes. DA's hands are tied and they have to just keep releasing people with an appearance ticket. 

A big story in Syracuse recently was a 93 year old retired teacher that was brutally murdered.  And DA Fitzpatrick was in a press conference and pointed out that " the suspect was arrested in April, May, June, July, August, August, August, October, November, " but they were unable to detain her due to the new bail reform laws. 

The other issue around here in the cities is now many of these shootings are 14 and 15 year olds. It's just a different culture in the inner city and it seems to be getting worse.  And with a culture of little respect, fear or regard for laws and police.

They do seem to be able to get illegal guns so easily. I don't know what the answer is but I am sure it isn't defunding the police.  I'm also not sure it's adding more gun laws as criminals never care which one's they are breaking. Not sure how more penalizing a gun law is than a murder or attempted murder charge that it will stop any criminal from using a gun more than the laws in place now. 

I am also in agreement that something has to be done and none of these laws affect me in any way, I also can't say I am opposed to efforts to curb that, but I also don't think they are the answer. 

I think heading criminals off at the pass before they get to a gun crime is. And I am tired of hearing how full the jails are that we need to lessen the sentences. I would rather pay more in taxes for more prisons than for so much of the crap that our money goes to. 

• Like 5

Just now, moog5050 said:

The Emergency executive order that's needed because of his past policies that restricted police from taking guns off the streets and keeping violent criminals in jail.

You know, those criminals that have taken advantage of the bail reform laws he enacted, using guns to prey on the public that Cuomo disarmed.

• Like 1

Democrats have created this ,not making this political,just stating the cold hard truth .I’ve worked in the worst neighborhoods for the past 8 years,witnessed  murders ,shootings ect.I live it everyday unfortunately.Those who do see and live it know the truth .

Edited by WNYTRPR

How many innocents had to die before Cuomo enacted an Emergency Executive order to curtail the violence that his past policies enabled ?

I can't wait to see the title of the book he's going to write about his skillful handling of the gun violence.

• Like 2

And can someone please explain to me how these new emergency executive orders are going to stop a criminal from using a gun to kill someone, if they don't care about laws anyway ?

They've walked over every line in the sand that's been drawn in the past, how is this "Emergency"  line any different ?