Power out.

wolc123

I fired the generator up at 7:15. Freezer, sump pump, reading light, and phone chargers now have power.  I opened up a window in the garage to keep my beer cool.  I guess I will move the milk out there, if we need to open the fridge.

I probably shouldn’t have burned up a gallon of gas power washing my nine-pointer this morning.  I am guessing they will have power fixed by sunup, so we should be ok.  If I use up what I have left in my 5 gallon can with the generator (it also had a full tank), I think I have a tractor or two with pretty full tanks that I can siphon from.

• Like 2

Wow I use maybe a quart power washing my 20x20 patio , pool deck and steps , that must be one big 9 pt .

Anyways I keep 15 gallons of gas on hand here at my little suburban lot .

Neighbor just texted we’re one of the only streets worth power ,sadly .

• Haha 1

We lost power around 3pm and it’s still out. Longest we have ever lost power in this house in the 8 years we have been here. Good thing a whole home generator was already installed when we bought. Dang thing is worth it’s weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shit just hit the fan here in the eastern part of the state. My weather station had a gust of 45mph. Raining hard and I'm thinking the house is going to become a kite.  
Same thing happened on the western end around 2pm....unreal rain storm, temp dropped 20 degrees and winds last a good 7 hrs. Still blowing pretty good but we may be in the clear.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Hooray, we are back on after being out 11 hours.  I ran the generator for 8 of those.  My biggest worry was the big freezer in the basement.   The Good Lord went to great lengths to pritineer fill that sucker up this year.

Hopefully, everybody else who is out gets back on soon.   A big thank you to the folks working out in the storm to get everyone’s power back on.  

We would be hard pressed to find another state where they do a better, faster job of restoring power after a storm than right here in NY.  

As a pure meat hunter, I would also put our deer hunting very close to, or right on the top spot. There is no state where I would rather be right here right now. 

Edited by wolc123

Still out here at the house. Generator still just humming away. I made sure to clear it with my wife that leaving for hunting is ok which of course she doesn’t mind at all. Probably a bonus of having an automatic generator she doesn’t have to worry about anything when the power comes back on the generator shuts itself off.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Was out here about 4.5 hours. 

@farmer 52. Checked the grid site here and they never had an est for restoration here either but it just came back on.  Hopefully the same for you.

There was no estimate here either.  My guess is that the current labor shortage has affected the grid operators, just like everyone else.  During an event this widespread, they probably send all qualified and available manpower out into the field.  

It was almost comical, how the estimate of numbers out in our area remained the same (1850), from my wife’s first call at 5:00 pm (power went out at 4:05 pm), until her last at 1:00 am.  

This 11 hour outage was the longest since the October storm, more than 10 years ago. During all of the in between events, a conservative estimate was given on when the power would be restored.  I liked that, because most of the time I didn’t need to bother with hooking up the generator.

Edited by wolc123

Ohhhh what a day.cut up 2 ash and a (dogwood) today.came home to clean up my own yard then to my grandmother's to fire up generator.get halfway home n she calls telling me it quit.turned around n made my way back up there.boy was she pissed!refused To have it hooked back up!uncle is running up there tonight for a bit n I'll prob take off tomorrow to b up there in morning n not give her a choice with generator.estimated restoration is dec 14th 12am.WTF!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

Power came back on 24 hours later. The kids survived with no internet during that all so all was good.

Telling y’all especially those of you with kids a $7,000-$8,000 investment for a while home generator is well worth the money.

We've been trying to tell my grandmother this but damn is she stubborn.