Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

I nearly found this awesome deadhead today too. As luck would have it, they gave this kid permission to walk the farml today. When I happened on him he had literally just found this deer and was standing there taking pictures of it. Had I been there a minute sooner it would have been mine. I am so sick right now...

received_4871510009605766.jpeg

IMG_20220221_151952874_HDR.jpg

Resized_HME_0010.jpg

received_1153236935425636.jpeg

Resized_HME_0011.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I nearly found this awesome deadhead today too. As luck would have it, they gave this kid permission to walk the farml today. When I happened on him he had literally just found this deer and was standing there taking pictures of it. Had I been there a minute sooner it would have been mine. I am so sick right now...

Resized_HME_0010.jpg

Resized_HME_0011.jpg

I get it. It could encourage him to hunt for the rest of his life. That bucks genetics are there, there will always be a other one. you should try to be happy for him also. It may make a friendship for you.

• Like 4

Well not how you want to find them but I matched that broken antler up. Unfortunately it was still attached to his head.  I thought the broken tone belonged to a good 7pt I saw during bow but it apparently belongs to this guy.  

found him in a bed about a 300yrds from where I found his broken tine and 150yrds from where I killed my bow buck this year on stateland. Found a great bedding area he was in and it appears other deer are still using it even with him dead in it.  

second picture is  him with the broken tine I found during ML

9928776E-EA6E-49EA-8440-1E1D08594A37.jpeg

92F8F629-6697-4A19-AD1B-E37B15FF1529.jpeg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
Added picture
  • Like 9

22 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Resized_HME_0010.jpg

Resized_HME_0011.jpg

That was a beast.  You think he got shot?

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Well not how you want to find them but I matched that broken antler up. Unfortunately it was still attached to his head.  I thought the broken tone belonged to a good 7pt I saw during bow but it apparently belongs to this guy.  

found him in a bed about a 300yrds from where I found his broken tine and 150yrds from where I killed my bow buck this year on stateland. Found a great bedding area he was in and it appears other deer are still using it even with him dead in it.  

second picture is  him with the broken tine I found during ML

Unique to match that up like that!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I envy you buddy.. looks like they are dropping them at your front door

That one was at my back door, lol.... its like everything else, it happens on a curve. No need to envy me.

This all started when I kept getting discouraged at the situations dealing with snow geese hunting. I bought a house in farm country not far from 2 finger lakes and wrapped up a good goose lease out my back door right after I moved in. I've followed snow geese all over and been shut down at every end. I was lucky to have 1 tornado spin down on me in 4 years. After all that work and such little success I had to find something else to do.

In short I make time for it. Sheds have a page on my huntstand ap. I get a few spots by asking to shed hunt only, it seems to help when you bring a kiddo along. I'm still running a dozen cameras. I scout and spotlight too and from work, I'll pick up a couple in turkey season. When the snow melts I'll be walking the military crests in public and intruding any known beds also, Ill find 3 or 4 on stateland every year. I even have people beeping and waving when I'm cruising through a buck rich environment at slightly under speed limit trying to get one out the window. I usually pull over. Lol. I like the bonezone!!!

• Like 2