Sheds 2022?

Kmartinson

First trip out for the season.. 7 miles walked.. Just to find out as I was heading out the area had already been walked by someone else..

Match set laying side by side on my lease not far from the road, That a trespasser was going after pulled over from the road. I Tried approaching him and he got out of there before i could get to him. A known person of conflict.. and the single shed that was a few hundred yards away from them..    

IMG_7685.jpg

• Like 2

Hope to hit my spot this Saturday ! 
Although I’m currently barefoot sitting outside In  bright sunshine here in Knoxville , and haven’t worn long pants since Jan something .

Id better find great sheds to give this up .

Hate to see em dead, love 6pts even with no brow tine
Yea me too, the big shed was from an 8 pt that broke a brow off during hunting season. We have pics of him. I couldn't scrape up the other side though.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Yea me too, the big shed was from an 8 pt that broke a brow off during hunting season. We have pics of him. I couldn't scrape up the other side though.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Gives you a reason to go back. Lol. It's easy to get lost in the woods for the day.  I just started understanding how to match em up so I got three sets this year. I like shed hunting almost as much as hunting,  there is real strategy.  50% of my sheds are from public too. It's competitive and hard work, I find it gratifying at the same time. I work hard for 15 to 20 sheds a year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

What Do you do with your sheds? Are all of them on your private land?

I throw them in a big pile...lol. Yes, many miles covered over many different local properties. All private but none are overly great or exclusive.

IMG_20220325_212314508_HDR.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I throw them in a big pile...lol. Yes, many miles covered over many different local properties. All private but none are overly great or exclusive.

He shows them off to me twice every decade!

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

That's a dandy collection. I make things with the smaller ones I find, and give some away as gifts, I find almost half on public and then most of the rest on my lease or a close friend's. I definitely have my eyes peeled all the time and have found a few in urban spots open to the public also. As I get more into it, the deer I can hunt draw my interest more than just a random shed. Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

That's a dandy collection. I make things with the smaller ones I find, and give some away as gifts, I find almost half on public and then most of the rest on my lease or a close friend's. I definitely have my eyes peeled all the time and have found a few in urban spots open to the public also. As I get more into it, the deer I can hunt draw my interest more than just a random shed. Thanks for sharing!!!

I do shed hunt alot of areas that I don't actually hunt, but several properties that I do hunt also. Those deer that you acquire history with definitely mean more to pick up than the random deer (unless the random one is really big). I mount local deer every season that I will have the sheds to. The worse part to having a big stack of sheds is when you have to dig through them to find one particular shed of interest as was the case with this pic from a couple weeks ago...lol

IMG_20220319_164923061_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I do shed hunt alot of areas that I don't actually hunt, but several properties that I do hunt also. Those deer that you acquire history with definitely mean more to pick up than the random deer (unless the random one is really big). I mount local deer every season that I will have the sheds to. The worse part to having a big stack of sheds is when you have to dig through them to find one particular shed of interest as was the case with this pic from a couple weeks ago...lol

My OCD would kick in and I will have them stacked by date/yr and location..i do have a problem

Cant just store things in random order unless its mechanic tool set, never can find my #10 socket...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

My OCD would kick in and I will have them stacked by date/yr and location..i do have a problem

Cant just store things in random order unless its mechanic tool set, never can find my #10 socket...lol

That's because no on can find the 10mil. Not your fault. I just buy them individually whenever I see one. Lol.

• Like 1