These kids are the future of America?

A recent 2021 study done by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education found that 66 percent of college students said they supported shouting down speakers. Shockingly, 23 percent of college student respondents support using violence to stop a speaker. Both numbers have spiked since 2020.

By indoctrinating and coddling young people, American universities are breeding intolerance. We are already seeing the effects of this indoctrination. Young leftists have disavowed our founding documents and fathers, and they censor, fire, harass, and publicly slander anyone who dares think differently from them.

Also:

In October 2020, nine Yale professors signed an open letter decrying the "inhumane" treatment of college students during the pandemic. "Across the country, students have been blamed, snitched on, policed, sanctioned, suspended and dismissed for violations of COVID-related guidelines, including minor infractions."

So what we will see in the future is a lot of hateful snitches.

• Like 1

And it all starts in schools and media. And then we have so called fellow sportsmen that support and vote for those left ideas. Unreal !!

Are you sure? Or does it start with the parents who sadly long for their children’s love by trying to be their friend and give them whatever they want.
I promise I have more parents who cannot accept their kid did anything wrong.
What would happen if your principal called home when you were a kid? I’d get my ass kicked before I had a chance to explain myself, then get another round for trying to blame someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Are you sure? Or does it start with the parents who sadly long for their children’s love by trying to be their friend and give them whatever they want.
I promise I have more parents who cannot accept their kid did anything wrong.
What would happen if your principal called home when you were a kid? I’d get my ass kicked before I had a chance to explain myself, then get another round for trying to blame someone else.

Can’t argue that one but it sure seems….By whats shown to us anyways… That SOME schools are pushing the left handed way of thinking into the curriculum.  And the ass kicking part is spot on.  

• Like 1

I feel its the college level where they learn the majority of their stupidity , zero real life experience but want to tell everyone their recipe for a perfect america. Look at the woke dip shit biden supporters that blocked off 7 city blocks during the time when the biden/harris supporters were burning and stealing every thing in sight.  They all had the perfect idea for the perfect America ,complete with walls which will never not make me laugh. 

I will tell you that it’s working younger and younger. DEI (Diversity, Equity, inclusivity) is slipping into our district from the Admin and yet the community (99% white and in the 1%’er category) is hesitant to embrace it. Pay attention at your local districts. Keep an eye on your local school boards - you elect them and they direct us to teach what they want. We do not choose what to teach It’a a directive from the state and local school board.

• Like 4

And when parents get involved and go to school board meetings to state their objections, they are told they don't get to decide what the schools teach their kids and get labeled "domestic terrorists".  Then the FBI comes knocking on their door.

It's a perfect example of how the government no longer works for the people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

I will tell you that it’s working younger and younger. DEI (Diversity, Equity, inclusivity) is slipping into our district from the Admin and yet the community (99% white and in the 1%’er category) is hesitant to embrace it. Pay attention at your local districts. Keep an eye on your local school boards - you elect them and they direct us to teach what they want. We do not choose what to teach It’a a directive from the state and local school board.

I think that remote learning could help also. It should increase parents involvement.  Parents can learn and assist with childrens school work. Parents then also choose their kids social activities. Also can reduce or eliminate transportation costs for students. 

Unfortunately too many parents use the school system as daycare. Too many parents prioritize their personal wants over their childs needs to grow into successful,independent adults.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

When both parents need to work, remote learning is impossible.  I also don't see parents who home school their children getting a break on school taxes.

With a negative attitude everything is impossible.  School taxes, in ny state are part of property tax in ny state,  not whether you have children in school.

Maybe it is different in West Virginia.

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

And when parents get involved and go to school board meetings to state their objections, they are told they don't get to decide what the schools teach their kids and get labeled "domestic terrorists".  Then the FBI comes knocking on their door.

It's a perfect example of how the government no longer works for the people.

This has never happened to me.  Has this happened to any other forum members with children?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

This has never happened to me.  Has this happened to any other forum members with children?

You are unaware of what was happening in other states where parents vehemently opposed CRT being taught in school?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, left field said:

I am shocked - SHOCKED - to hear that college students are protesting something loudly and emotionally. Wow! That just came out of nowhere. 

This isn't protesting.  This is an attitude being installed in students that will be carried into to real world for life.  Intolerance of any opposing viewpoint and a desire to silence it with force is totalitarian stuff.  Where's the so called tolerance?  Where's the freedom of choice?  When people make light of these things it indicates they have no idea what is going on or the implications for the future.

15 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

With a negative attitude everything is impossible.  School taxes, in ny state are part of property tax in ny state,  not whether you have children in school.

But when cost reductions are realized in the school system, taxes remain the same or go up.  I guess a positive attitude helps you accept that.

This isn't protesting.  This is an attitude being installed in students that will be carried into to real world for life.  Intolerance of any opposing viewpoint and a desire to silence it with force is totalitarian stuff.  Where's the so called tolerance?  Where's the freedom of choice?  When people make light of these things it indicates they have no idea what is going on or the implications for the future.

Their freedom of choice is “installed” (or instilled) at hime by the parents. My children are in these same schools and will be in college too soon where these ideas run rampant. My children know how to listen, think, debate and decide for themselves what they think and how they feel. If parents at home are not teaching their children their values, colleges will fill the void with their ideologies

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Their freedom of choice is “installed” (or instilled) at hime by the parents. My children are in these same schools and will be in college too soon where these ideas run rampant. My children know how to listen, think, debate and decide for themselves what they think and how they feel. If parents at home are not teaching their children their values, colleges will fill the void with their ideologies

Parents need to be involved. Not just use the school as daycares. Interaction with the teachers, attend school board meetings, and  volunteer.  If parents do not prioritize their kids education, then neither will the student. 

Too many people complain about the school systems,  but offer no help or solutions to problems.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

You are unaware of what was happening in other states where parents vehemently opposed CRT being taught in school?

That was not your statement. Please stay on your own topic.  You stated that if you voice your opinions to your child’s school district you’ll be labeled as a domestic terrorist. I simply replied that I’ve voiced my concerns to my children's teacher/school/district in the past and was never labeled a terrorist. They might not have totally agreed with me but not once was I labeled a terrorist or was that even insinuated.

So I call on all HNY Members with children who have spoken to their district about their children, have you been labeled a domestic terrorist?  I would love for everybody who reads this to chime in. Have you been labeled a domestic terrorist by your school district? 

38 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Unfortunately not all professors are the same way.