Scary what is going on to our North. Could it happen here?

Canada has inacted its Emergency Act. It is supposed to get approval within 7 days of activation, but it looks like that won't happen. They are seizing bank accounts and arresting people for supporting freedom. Even if you just bring them a gas can full of fuel.  These Truckers haven't done a single violent thing. The very definition of a peaceful protest.  Now they are talking about seizing bank accounts of Trump supporters. 

David Lametti, Canada justice minister, threatens to seize 'pro-Trump' people's bank accounts - Washington Times

So now the government can seize your bank account for liking a political party that you don't?  Scary times and a good reminder, you get what you vote for.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Canada has inacted its Emergency Act. It is supposed to get approval within 7 days of activation, but it looks like that won't happen. They are seizing bank accounts and arresting people for supporting freedom. Even if you just bring them a gas can full of fuel.  These Truckers haven't done a single violent thing. The very definition of a peaceful protest.  Now they are talking about seizing bank accounts of Trump supporters. 

David Lametti, Canada justice minister, threatens to seize 'pro-Trump' people's bank accounts - Washington Times

So now the government can seize your bank account for liking a political party that you don't?  Scary times and a good reminder, you get what you vote for.....

Canada isn't a democracy....

1 minute ago, Kmartinson said:

It's a constitutional monarchy. Or it's a parliamentary democracy. The system is not set up the same way as America and the government has different abilities. I should have said they operate differently than we do and have different abilities.

That is true but saying it isn't a democracy is false.   Trudeau was voted for....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

With little to no interest paid by banks , there may be better alternatives for ones cash . A coffee can in the back yard , gold ,silver , expensive watches ,crypto, Hell ammos been looking good that last couple years !

Ive got a grand here in Fla, that I don’t spend it’s for emergencies,or buying things where they don’t take CC or I don’t want the purchase on record . 

Couple of Gold Eagles and my Rolex if I need to get bailed out or something … 

Theres been quite a run on the banks there I’ve heard, with banks keeping little cash on now a days ,if something similar happened here ,one stands little chance to getting theres in any timely fashion .

Like ammo, N95masks, etc . One needs to be a couple steps ahead of the masses . Which frankly is pretty darn easy .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok may take  some heat for this, but ill say this Canada govt out of line messing with bank accounts and fund raising etc , and i agree with the the overall protest, but when protesters are blocking roads and other peoples ability to make a living that needs to stop. The police have to enforce laws and cant pick and choose what they enforce even if u dont agree with them, kinda poor example but when BLM blocked roads and kept people from people from going to work and carry on with every day life many here wanted arrest and police to step and clear the streets , as they should...  Free speech im all for it but dont hamper others from making a living and carring on with there lives. Canada emergency act is BS... and overall Canada govt over stepped, but dont blame the cops they are stuck between a rock and hard place...

Yes it needs to stop, but it needs to be stopped by Trudeau realizing his totalitarian mandate needs to be repealed, because it's causing all of this and doesn't do a damn thing as far as the virus goes.

The police are not doing themselves any favors by cracking down on citizens protesting a tyrannical government.  They will lose a lot of the public's respect by doing this and will come to bite them in the azz in the future.  What could the Canadian govt do to them if they all decided to refuse to carry out an illegal order?

Just goes to prove we could see this happen in America too.

12 hours ago, land 1 said:

ok may take  some heat for this, but ill say this Canada govt out of line messing with bank accounts and fund raising etc , and i agree with the the overall protest, but when protesters are blocking roads and other peoples ability to make a living that needs to stop. The police have to enforce laws and cant pick and choose what they enforce even if u dont agree with them, kinda poor example but when BLM blocked roads and kept people from people from going to work and carry on with every day life many here wanted arrest and police to step and clear the streets , as they should...  Free speech im all for it but dont hamper others from making a living and carring on with there lives. Canada emergency act is BS... and overall Canada govt over stepped, but dont blame the cops they are stuck between a rock and hard place...

If these were BLM protests Trudeau would be all for them....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Don’t believe Canada has a bill of rights either. 

I don't know enough about Canada's government to know.  IMO it does show where the Left wants to take us. 

Now there are reports of UN police officers up there.  

I can't believe how little attention it is getting....