The Nuge explodes

fasteddie

I think the only "audience" that listens to Nugent are those that WANT to hear him. With the NRA zealots he has a captive audience. With EVERYONE else they just shrug it off as - look at where it's coming from... an IDIOT!

Nugent doesn't represent the NRA, Nugent doesn't represent his Family, Nugent doesn't represent Veterans! Nugent represents Nugent! All of his actions prove demonstrate just that.

As a veteran all I can say is. It takes a hell of a lot of nerve to wrap yourself in the American Flag screaming Hoo ahh!! After eating sausage and deffecating in your own pants for two weeks, so you can get yourself eliminated from the Draft..

The only conviction or principle this nut job has is looking out for Numeral Uno.

Edited by SteveMcD
  • Like 2

Grouse. You have no idea what my politics are. The only way some people's world makes sense is if they can brand everyone who doesn't see some thing their way as a liberal. I am not a liberal. I voted for McCain and Palin in the last election.

These threads are so typical a few folks always get their panties in a bunch and start hurling insults at other whose views don't match their own.

In my opinion Ted is an attention grabbing, accomplish nothing waste of all of our time.

• Like 1

$10 says there are those on this forum that would whole heartedly disagree with that....

Sorry, I couldnt resist

Buck you are right I think he under estimates himself. He complains about Ted, that's how we feel about him. Definately a whacko.

Wasn't talking politics there Scot. I was talking about another pro gun person the media has made out to be a whack job because she likes guns and hunting. Just figured maybe you ageed with them.

I didn't say you were a Liberal and didn't call you any names, so don't think I was insuting you. Just extrapolating on your dislike of pro gun people that the general public seems to think is whacked out.

Ted may be an attention grabber, but he needs to be to get the mesage out. If you think he has never accomplished anything, you don't know Ted at all.

Bottom line is that it's tough to find anyone with no skeletons in their closet these days. Hey, so if a pedophile is pro gun, it's all good right? Didn't think so. Nuge gets under people's skin, but he needs to keep his nose clean if he's going to put himself in the limelight like that.

"Just figured", " My dislike of pro gun people" got any more erroneous assumptions you would like to make? We are having a conversation about one individual. Why the heck would I dislike pro gun people? I am pro gun.

With you knowing Ted as well as you do, perhaps you will share some of his significant successes?

Please ,not items of your opinion but concrete things that he has helped to get accomplished.

my 2cents. Nuge is the worst thing to ever happen to the gun rights community. He has never turned one anti to our side in his whole career as far as i can tell. And he will never be Charlton Heston even if he lives to be as old as moses lived to be. In true Ronald Reagan form, Heston slapped the anti's and the lefty media around without breaking a sweat and did it with a class that made people want to hear his message and wanted to follow him because he was a good and decent man and he was fighting a good and decent cause. Even if you weren't a republican you liked Reagan and even if you didn't own a gun , you liked Heston. Someone will step up and lead this fight but unfortunately when Teds involved, there is only room for Ted. We have freedom, facts, goodness, integrity, and history on our side. We don't need the Freak.

• Like 1

It's 1 am and no one's on line so i'll add this. I'm not saying that Ted doesn't have a role in this fight. Entertaining he is. But for God sakes, we are talking about an issue that is the linch-pin of freedom and American greatness. The 2nd amend. is the fibre that holds the entire constitution together and in turn holds the goodness of this country together. The leader of a cause that great will have to have goodness in his fibre as well. History has shown that leaders with anything less have only led to the destruction of themselves and everything around them. I just dont see the bloated sence of worth that some of you have for what Ted has brought to gun owners?? Or what you think he may be able to do for us in the future. Actually i see a net loss for our side. And i got news for you. A one minute sound bite from George Clooney is ALWAYS gonna trump Teds routine. Sorry, just giving you the facts from Real-ville USA. You can look through some rose colored shooting glasses if you want but thats a glimps at non-gun owners for you all out there. Some mega star would help our morale maybe but the battle will take the masses rallying around someone special. Freedoms greatest fights have been won by great leaders who always had the strength of character and integrity to carry the weight of the fight on their shoulders until they defeated their enemy. Washington, Adams, Lincoln, Reagan, Susan B. Anthony, Churchill, Martin Luther KIng, Margret Thatcher.. These are the giants of Freedom and giants of mankind. 2nd Amendment deserves better. By the way , i think Tom Selleck could be that next great NRA leader in the same way Charlton Heston was. Could be??

By the way , i think Tom Selleck could be that next great NRA leader in the same way Charlton Heston was. Could be??

Charlton Heston is dead and Tom Selleck shows no interest in getting into the battle. But there are George Clooneys all over the place. I guess it's time to simply let the libs keep the stage when it comes to the battle for the hearts and minds of the fence-sitters .... eh? You people don't seem to understand that we don't have a whole lot of options if we want any public figures at all actively countering all the george Clooneys of the world. You all seem to completely side-step that situation as you revel in your bashing of Nugent.

By the way, most likely the reason that Selleck and others don't go out of their way to become active public advocates may just have something to do with the weird euphoria so many of us feel as we gleefully destroy our advocates.

• Like 1

The VOICE(s)...our Voice...is out there. Spoken by the Dads and Grandads that introduce kids to guns/shooting/hunting...Spoken by those many selfless volunteer Hunter Safety Instructors...Spoken by the Moms and Grandmas that cook and serve the game we bring home. These voices that support/protect our hunting/shooting heritage are not necessarily loud...are not profane...BUT THEY GET THE JOB DONE!!!

Make sure your voice is among them!

• Like 1

We are living in times where our "leaders" have decided we ALL need to be "politically correct" or face the consequences....we now have stricter laws against protest....no one knows who when or where our conversations are being monitored......For our own "protection"...where...little old WHITE ladies and White infants are being body searched at airports for every ones protection.....Then you have all hunting forums incessantly going back and forth bickering like old woman...sorry but when it gets to page after page of the same old...that's what it sounds like...About an over zealous, overly loud, out spoken politically incorrect "celebrity". Who just wants all Americans to keep their independent rights...as they are.....So he's the""Aunt Edith" of gun rights and hunting....every family has one and every body recognizes her...ya know the "odd" family member at the holidays...I'm sure even Anti's are intelligent enough to recognize this.....Ted is out there...yes over the top and making really stupid mistakes...but he's not letting issues to slowly die a quite death....think about the freedoms in this country we have allowed to quietly be diminished

Every bodies waiting for the next big attack...you missed it ppl...they have been attacking ever since the towers went down...and WE are our their weapon....all they have to do is whisper a threat and we Americans loose more freedoms...they are waiting patiently while we disarm our selves for the greater good... time to put efforts to better use than worrying about Ted Nugent....like stopping the campaign to price us out of or ability to even find ammunition for all the weapons we've all been buying

can we get a nuge forum? He seems to be dominating anyway. You don't think the anit's love reading us arguing over who should be our fearless leader? Dissension among the ranks is what they want. So keep it up because you are doing more damage than one guitar playing idiot form Michigan ever did. Now lets agree to disagree and move on.

can we get a nuge forum? He seems to be dominating anyway. You don't think the anit's love reading us arguing over who should be our fearless leader? Dissension among the ranks is what they want. So keep it up because you are doing more damage than one guitar playing idiot form Michigan ever did. Now lets agree to disagree and move on.

I agree with Bubba, it's mother's day so lets leave the Mother _ _ _ _ _ _ alone.

BTW this thread is doing no harm, push come to shove we all stand together.

• Like 1

I don't think American hunters and gun owners are looking for leaders. I think they are looking for pro gun people of noteriety that speak out about hunting and the 2nd Amendment. I for one, would love to see many more of them, but there doesn't seem to be too many stepping up to the pulpit. They know it will draw fire from the anti's, and that's a reason not to do it. But when they also believe it will draw fire from the hunters and gun owners they are trying to help, why would they even consider doing it?

I'll bet Tom Selleck was asked to be the President of the NRA and turned it down. There are many famous people who own guns that don't tell anyone, and treat their passion for firearms like it is some type of evil vice they have to keep hidden in a closet. Mel Torme was a HUGE collector of firearms when he lived. Who knew?

What famous people that are pro gun have to put up with, is equal to what others call hate crimes when it happens to protected classes of people. Just look at what Rosie O'Donnel did to Tom Selleck on air. People let it pass with barely a complaint. Would that happen if Glenn Beck attacked any gay marriage supporter? Heck no!

The anti's have the legislators and the laws on their side. The only way to change that imbalance is to form a united front. Ted may not be for you, but for the good of the pro gun agenda, keep the criticism in check. What galls me is people who own guns, but do not belong to the NRA, and seem to have as many critcisms of the NRA, if not more, than they do of Ted. If you don't support the NRA, even if you don't belong to it, I don't see how you can ever expect to win any pro gun battles in the long run. They are the biggest pro gun voice in America today but the anti's love to point out they only have 10% of American gun owners as members. What message does that send to the general public?

If you think handing down traditions within your family will be enough to keep gun rights alive, you're wrong. There are probably two anti gun families out there for every pro-gun family, and their propaganda is gaining more followers every year. Why? Because they are united. They don't attack the looneys on the anti gun side of the issue. They defend them. We better wake up and start doing the same or we will lose.

Thankfully i am blessed to spend today celebrating 3 wonderful gun supporting mothers. My mom raised 4 boys, all hunters, 3 concealed carriers and one working towards his. My mother-in-law was married to a police officer and raised 2 daughters. Jackie is now the only women in the state of Pennsylvania to have reached some pistol certification for training(i honestly don't know which certification? ) and my beautiful wife who is a writer, concealed carrry permit holder and a great shot i might add, will be doing an article for Rochester Womens Magazine on women and guns for next months issue. Through their love of country and family, they managed to very quietly foster a 100% pro-gun family tree. Well I guess there were a few Ted Moments along the way LOL.. Happy Mothers Day to you all..

• Like 1

While Ted is not the best rep. and I think we all agree on this, he gets us talking. Does he represent me as a hunter NO, but you can be dam sure I back him 100% with the 2nd ammendment. The fact that he is a draft dodger, poacher, and acts crazy does not change my point of view on my right as a gun owner. The media hates him so anything that he does bad is viewed by all.

The people in Hollywood, the media and politicians with a voters mentality are our enemy, most have no concept of hunting and probably never go into the woods or have ever fired a gun or killed a animal and gone through the entire process of cleaning Apreciating and eating our food. Due to those facts they will NEVER be on our side. Bambi has won thier hearts and they will never understand what hunting and nature is realy about. This is why we will never have another Hollywood rep in the NRA, It will kill thier carrier...................................................

We are seen as a blood thirsty trophy hunters by the anti's who kill for pleasure. When was the last time you saw a hunter take a nice deer and then thank the lord? Does not happen enough. Next time you make a video will you think about how well you represent hunters? It is so easy for anti's to say hunters are a bad people who hate animals. YouTube shows many bad hunters with no respect for thier prey... Yet those same people would complain if we did not hunt and thier auto rates and price of food went up due to crop decimation/over population.

Untile we get a better rep. I will not advocate Ted yet I will not put down his points on the 2nd ammendment, he is right... As much of a black eye that he puts on us all he still gets our point accross that we will not stand for our rights being overrun. Do you know the anti's want to allow the UN to take over our rights making guns illegal except for law enforcement.

While I do not like Ted as a representative for hunting, his points on gun rights are sound, that is enough for me untile I see another person who will step up to the plate for us he has my full support as a 2nd ammendment advocate... No one else has the you know what to do it... And for that he has my respect and support on my rights as a gun owner.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

• Like 1

We don't agree, how likely is it that I am going to change your mind? How likely is it going to be that you are going to change mine?

You believe Ted only represents himself. I don't believe that for a moment. I have heard him express in a number of interviews other wise. You choose to believe what you wish to.

You don't believe that how someone's conducts them self in their personal life should be considered in your evaluation of them or their character I don't agree. It all matters, if I don't respect the person I am not going to have any interest in what they have to say.

I can't get to that place with Ted. To much baggage, to much controversy and instability, to much self promotion and ego.

Not my kind of person in any regard. Not a person I would choose to have people associate hunters and gunowners with.

See i think you are misunderstanding what i mean when i say his personal bagage makes no difference. You are criticising his character, and I am saying that when it comes to an issue, and his message about that issue, his character doesnt mean anything. The message he is putting out there about our 2nd ammendment rights is really all that counts. I always hear others in the hunting community attack him, but its always a personal attack.

What i dont understand though, is why you think hes a representative of you, or anyone else for that matter. No matter what Ted says, hes not an elected official or any kind of representative of others. I could say that I am the self appointed voice of whatever I want, but it doesnt make it a fact, does it?