FEMA foolishness

In a public announcement from the Biden administration likely brought about by Vladimir Putin's decision to put his nuclear forces on high alert, FEMA has offered some guidelines. And these are evidently not intended as a joke, but they should be.

In case of a nuclear attack, FEMA's guidelines say people should shelter in place in their basement if possible while encouraging people to also "continue to practice social distancing by wearing a mask and by keeping a distance of at least six feet between."

That's right — apparently the greatest concern one should have while seeking to survive a nuclear attack is to avoid spreading COVID while folks are huddled together (six feet apart). Seriously, who comes up with this stuff?

• Haha 3

https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-explosion

Go to the basement or middle of the building. Stay away from the outer walls and roof. Try to maintain a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who are not part of your household. If possible, wear a mask if you’re sheltering with people who are not a part of your household. Children under two years old, people who have trouble breathing, and those who are unable to remove masks on their own should not wear them.

STAY INSIDE

Stay inside for 24 hours unless local authorities provide other instructions. Continue to practice social distancing by wearing a mask and by keeping a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who not part of your household.

Edited by Grouse

5 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Why are you guys citing ready.gov?    Fema was quoted.  I went to the fema website.   Posted it to the thread.  Attached a picture of the search from the fema website.  Read the fema protocols.   Am I missing it from femas actual protocol?   Ready.gov is not fema. 

Because accuracy doesn't matter when you're just trying to score partisan political points.

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Because accuracy doesn't matter when you're just trying to score partisan political points.

I thought we hated fake news and the dishonest media.   Here I am giving everyone the info straight from the horses mouth. I even left myself open to the possibility that I might have missed it in their plan.   Usually there are more participants in these types of threads but this one isnt as active.   Can somebody please fact check the actual FEMA site for their covid nuclear protocols, please do.  I did.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

I thought we hated fake news and the dishonest media.   Here I am giving everyone the info straight from the horses mouth. I even left myself open to the possibility that I might have missed it in their plan.   Usually there are more participants in these types of threads but this one isnt as active.   Can somebody please fact check the actual FEMA site for their covid nuclear protocols, please do.  I did.  

What you checked is from Dec 2021...wait till the next edition ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Actually its right there on the FEMA site that SplitEar posted. But you have to follow 2 links to get to it . Scroll down the FEMA site to the paragraph above the blue button that says " Download Press Release PDF " In the paragraph above that button it tells you to click on Ready.Gov which is the information link for FEMA . Just under the heading " READY " click on " Disasters and Emergencies " and scroll down to " Nuclear Explosion . Its all right there exactly as posted .   Virgil can go back to his corner now to make up some more foolishness

https://www.fema.gov/press-release/20220104/fema-ready-campaign-urges-preparedness-2022

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Actually its right there on the FEMA site that SplitEar posted. But you have to follow 2 links to get to it . Scroll down the FEMA site to the paragraph above the blue button that says " Download Press Release PDF " In the paragraph above that button it tells you to click on Ready.Gov which is the information link for FEMA . Just under the heading " READY " click on " Disasters and Emergencies " and scroll down to " Nuclear Explosion . Its all right there exactly as posted .   Virgil can go back to his corner now to make up some more foolishness

https://www.fema.gov/press-release/20220104/fema-ready-campaign-urges-preparedness-2022

I stand corrected.  I must eat crow.  Holy smoke that was hard to find. I gotta admit this seemed fraudulent at first sight and I even checked the fema website/guidelines and came up with crap. You did a great job walking me thru this.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I stand corrected.  I must eat crow.  Holy smoke that was hard to find. I gotta admit this seemed fraudulent at first sight and I even checked the fema website/guidelines and came up with crap. You did a great job walking me thru this.  

There is absolutely no need for you to eat crow . That stuff tastes worse than Tag Soup "  LOL  . I think they forgot the most important instruction being near a nuclear explosion.  " Bend over and place your head firmly between your legs , then kiss your ass goodbye "  :scared:

• Haha 1

Or be the luckiest guy in history.

A resident of Nagasaki, Yamaguchi was in Hiroshima on business for his employer Mitsubishi Heavy Industries when the city was bombed at 8:15 AM, on August 6, 1945. He returned to Nagasaki the following day and, despite his wounds, he returned to work on August 9, the day of the second atomic bombing. That morning, while he was being berated by his supervisor as "crazy" after describing how one bomb had destroyed the city, the Nagasaki bomb detonated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

• Like 1