My new hunting knife

nyantler

I hade this knife made for me by a guy in the ADK's... the blade was hand forged with hammer and anvil...polished and tooled... the antler is from an adirondack buck... the black spacer was made from a buffalo horn... the leather sheath was made from 100% unfinished cow hide and has scratches from were the cow got into some barbed wire... on the lether sheath there is a deer print stamped into the leather... the stamp was made out of a railroad spike taken from a 100+ year old railroad track near the makers home. The workmanship is incredible! The knife was made for me.. per my specs by Dan Denn of Denn Homemade Knives. It and all its parts are made from right here in New York... How cool is that????

I forgot to add that the knife is about 6 1/2'-7" long the blade is around 3"

post-525-0-66633000-1340750396_thumb.jpg

post-525-0-73183300-1340750412_thumb.jpg

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

That is realy nice and much cheaper than the Beniot custom knives, yet to have a knife made by a legend is something I am contemplating very deeply!!! Nice workmanship!!! My biggest fear is loosing one of these sweet blades... I have finished the 1st two Benoit DVD's not sure If I can resist getting through all of them before I order a knife... Not affordable at this time... IF When you use it this year you had better put this in the pictures!!! Looking forward to seeing it next to your traditional bow and a nice buck!!! What a picture!

Great looking knife,does he have a web site we can check out and maybe buy from?

You can check out his facebook page "Denn Handmade Knives" ... you can contact him there.. he is tremendous to work with... very good guy... he makes knives because he loves doing it.. not just for the money... even though the knives are worth every penny.. and the workmanship is exceptional. We are working on something for my website so you will be able to contact him there as well.

• Like 1

OK so I will have 2 custom knives... Thanks Joe!

Yeah I need another knife like a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist. Always wanted a locally handmade antler handle knife and couldn't be happier with this one.