When Nature Calls

Elmo

My thought is that if the deer can detect the difference between buck pee and doe pee; and regular doe pee and doe-in-heat pee, etc. etc.- they can probably tell the difference between deer pee and mine. Just my theory though. I've heard of plenty of guys who pee in scrapes and say it works great.

That has to do with phermones and other scents present when deer pee on their glands.. we don't have those glands... our pee is not going to attract any deer... it just won't spook them... basically what they smell is the ammonia which is present in all pee.

Yes I read a big study where they poured ,buck,doe and human pee in scrapes 100's of times,monitored the scrapes with cameras and visited them in person. It made no differance on times or how often bucks hit the scrapes.

Most who pee in bottles and such often get some on their hands ,feet ,stand ,ground anyway .

I did the bottle and stuff for a long time and would walk 200 yds from my stand to take a dump. Two brother in my club have a bucket under a milk crate with a toilet seat on it and dump and pee away. Its 50 yds from their stand and they get as many shots as I do. That's in hardwoods

Now that I'm hunting farm land and there is constant activity like smoking, peeing, dumping, chainsaw, 4X4s all around, I don't think they care

Yep you guys have it made....especially when using a climber.....I remedied that problem by packing a "Camo wrap" made out of fleece....if I can't wait I have a plastic jar and use the wrap as cover... I don't were cover alls any more...nor those bib pants...then just pour...never spooked a deer...if it's really cold the wrap acts as as a boot cozy or a leg wrap...

I pee in a bottle. Make sure that you have a different type bottle for pee than for your drink. I have mistakenly taken a swig from my pee bottle in the heat of the moment after shooting a deer. It didn't taste good, and it didn't stay down.

You did WHAT?

• Like 1

Paula Darlin'....Are those things "one size fits all"..??...

Do they make them in UNISEX..??..

"Concave or convex, it fits either sex"..??..

I knew a girl once who claimed she could pee in a coke bottle, but I could never get her to demonstrate it for me..