Good hunting pants

jimbodwb

Hunting pants???? ........ $100 ????? ........ how about a good pair of denim britches?

Sorry, I know what you are talking about. ;)  I just don't wear them. I have some insulated long underwear and a pair of dungarees and I put the real money in what goes up on the top-side. I think I would be looking in Cabelas, BassPro, or Gander mountain for what you're after.

I saw a pair of insulated bibs there for $67. I was not sure how good they are though. $29 ones I think were lightweight. I never used bibs so I am not sure how good they are. Seems like they would let in a draft. Do you think the insulated ones would be good enough for cold NY weather?

I saw a pair of insulated bibs there for $67. I was not sure how good they are though. $29 ones I think were lightweight. I never used bibs so I am not sure how good they are. Seems like they would let in a draft. Do you think the insulated ones would be good enough for cold NY weather?

yup those insulated ones are good, I have a pair of those too. I acutually think they help to stop drafts because you can put a coat on over top, sealing in body heat.

I like to wear brown duck Walls coveralls.  I find them for about $50 in Wal Mart or online when they go on sale after the winter ends.

I like to keep covered completely to stay warmer, and I can still wear a lot of stuff under them, or even over them, if I need to.

If you want something that is tuff and durable go with a carhartt flannel lined pants.  They are rugged,warm and comfortable.  They come in all colors from brown if you want it  :)  to green or blue.  You can stick long underwear under them for those colder days if need be.  I wear them all hunting season and bring them right along to rabbit season.  Love them and they fit your bill, they run around 40-50 bucks.

Check www.Sportsmansguide.com I have been having really good luck with their Guide Gear line and they have last years stuff at discounts because the sores won't stock them.....like they get stale...lol

tough question to answer though. How do you hunt....stand hunting in cold weather vs the need for a quiet fabric because you still hunt....you want water proof or the area you hunt has a lot of briars.

I wear camo brush pants and put my money underneath...if it rains I have a good light weight and quiet set of rain gear

I stand hunt and I still hunt. Some areas I hunt have briars and some areas have water. I know it is hard to get 1 pair for all situations but I think I am going to go with the bibs from Wally world. Decent price and they seem warm enough and they are water proof. I like the zipper pockets also. Thanks for all the help guys. Good luck to everyone this season.

Dicks in Binghamton carry the green wool pants and they now I think are close to $89 dollars. call them first and check to see if they have your size. I got a pair about 8 years ago, my wife added a few inces due to eating to much but they stilol work and wear like iron. I due also have a set of light weight coverall in camo and also a set of heavy weight coveralls they makes the pants I use when the snow start to fall with my green plaid coat. I do weat a orange hat in the gun season.

I would recommend wool pants to everone they are great but boy are they warm specailly on those warmer days.  Seem like some stuff in those pants will melt right off and slide down your leg.  The only other thing is all the little hitch hikers and burrs stick to them like glue.  Only two little downfalls but overall a great and worthwhile product.