Opening Day Breakfast

RTF

For quire a few years I went to Gamrods in Honeoye for a big breakfast opening morning. IIRC we would meet around 5:00am. Eat and then have a good bowel movement or three before hitting the stand in the dark.

Good times but made for a rough morning after eating all that greasy stuff and sucking down a half a pot of Joe................uggggh!

Same here. Cup of coffee, some crumb cake - that's it. Anything more than that so early in the morning I'll be sitting in my stand squeezing my cheeks to keep the turtle's head from popping out :fie:. I'll take a banana or sangwich with me on the stand if I do all day sit.

About the only time I'll tolerate a diner breakfast before hunting is if there's a drive planned with friends/family. I like that tradition...but it's been 10 years or so since the last time that happened.

Opening morning, I'll be doing breakfast for the first time in years with my FIL. I am pumped about it. He's such a meager guy with his wife...she's super nice, but the boss, no doubt. This weekend, while visiting with them, out of the blue he looks at her and goes "Opening morning is Novmeber 17. We will be getting up very early. We will try to be quiet, but we will probably make some noise. There will be breakfast, then we'll get cleaned up and head out. Don't even bother trying to yell at us to be quiet. Otherwise, I'll bang pans."

One of those moments you try not to laugh out loud.

I had done that before but no longer . Don't want to be in the woods smelling like bacon grease , etc .. It kinda spoils trying to maintain scent control .

Scent control on opening day of gun is not too important to me. I'm just in it for fun at that point. I haven't done the BB thing in years. No reason other than I don't want to waste the time. Oatmeal, OJ and a piece -O- coffee cake and............

Egg salad w/green olives for lunch in the stand along with soup.

We had a dinner and opening morning of deer season was wild busy...We'd open at 4am and it was wild until around 6:30...Then 11-2 was busy again and the guys would have the deer strapped across hoods and in truck beds lined up in the parking lot.....usually a day off of school for me..

At camp it's coffee and go...then a big meal at 11a.m....back out at 2pm.......I can't eat and hunt....so it's up hot chocolate and out...granola and or fruit at stand if I feel "off"...anything more and I might as well stayed home..

Edited by growalot