Your DEC/State Troopers at Work

screamon demon

How many of you on your own land tag the deer after you pull it out of the woods and over to the deer pole? I have and should change my ways. I can see a ticket on the horizon........

You have to have the tag in your posession, doesnt need to go on the deer until you reach your mode of transport. Per DEC.

• Like 1

i think the 22 year old kid hunting with the two 15 year olds is a BS violation oughta be thrown out IMO.

Why? people were up in arms about kid's being allowed to hunt during the youth season accompanied by adults, saying it was dangerous..........why would it be ok to allow 2 kids hunt alone during the regular season?

honestly never heard anything about the youth hunt and it being dangerous for the youth....thats actually pretty funny, what i heard was how much it was going to screw up peoples bowhunting.

why would it be ok to allow 2 kids to hunt alone during the regular season?

pretty sure they werent alone thats why the 22 year old got the ticket because he was accompanying them, they were just in their own treestands and "youth" arent allowed in treestands during the regular season....thats where the law becomes a crock a bullspit. and im sorry but any 15 yo who wants to put forth the effort to hunt and take the HUNTERS SAFETY oughta be able to sit in a damn treestand if he so pleases.

honestly never heard anything about the youth hunt and it being dangerous for the youth....thats actually pretty funny, what i heard was how much it was going to screw up peoples bowhunting.

why would it be ok to allow 2 kids to hunt alone during the regular season?

pretty sure they werent alone thats why the 22 year old got the ticket because he was accompanying them, they were just in their own treestands and "youth" arent allowed in treestands during the regular season....thats where the law becomes a crock a bullspit. and im sorry but any 15 yo who wants to put forth the effort to hunt and take the HUNTERS SAFETY oughta be able to sit in a damn treestand if he so pleases.

But, unfortunately it's the law, and if you're gonna take the responsibility of taking kid's out and teaching them properly, you should get into the habit of following it....................simple enough isn't it?

you may want to go back and read. No one said it was going to be unsafe for the youth during the youth hunt. Everyone expected to get shot by the inexperienced youth who were sitting with an adult.

HAHAHA your kidding right??? all this talk about recruiting young hunters into the sport then everyone expects to get shot by the very youth they are trying to recruit and puts up a big fuss about it??? are we a bunch of hypocrites or what!!

i understand the "law is the law" but nothing like making a perfectly capable 15 year old feel incapable and being coddled by society. my grandfather started logging when he was 16, made it a business when he was 18. you cant even step foot into a running sawmill until your 18 now. its just very sad the way things are headed in todays society, and a 15yo in a treestand during regular season is just another one of the many things thats wrong with this society.

Sure you can it is called going together. I would think that would be more special anyway

yes, that's what it's all about, but when we go, it's about him learning and hunting, not me..........I'm only concerned with him enjoying himself and hopefully being successful, my hunting becomes secondary.

haha, in that first story, they also ticketed the wife that loaned out her deer tag. That boys gonna be in the dog house for sure. As for filling out the tag, I always struggle to get the damn pen to write on those tags. I didn't know that the tag could be filled out and remain unattached till transport. I was always filling it out and zip tying it to the ear before the dragging to the buck pole. Learn something new all the time.