Is this meat grinder overkill?

sampotter

This is how dog food is made- remember that next time your kid grabs a few kibbles for a snack...

Maybe the cheap stuff but I have a hard time believing that all dog foods are made that way. Any way that's a good reason to wash hands after feeding the dogs, remember all of the dog food recalls and look into what companies own what brands and have the most recalls.

Maybe the cheap stuff but I have a hard time believing that all dog foods are made that way. Any way that's a good reason to wash hands after feeding the dogs, remember all of the dog food recalls and look into what companies own what brands and have the most recalls.

Actually, this is the good stuff. The cheap stuff is made from the left overs of slaughter houses after all the prime cuts have been removed for human consumption. That's why when you look at the ingredients of dog food, it doesn't say "beef" or "meat". It say "animal by-products".

Actually, this is the good stuff. The cheap stuff is made from the left overs of slaughter houses after all the prime cuts have been removed for human consumption. That's why when you look at the ingredients of dog food, it doesn't say "beef" or "meat". It say "animal by-products".

Ours says bison, chicken ect, we feed Nutrisource, it ain't cheap and its miles better than Purina and some others. Our dogs require higher protein because they are so active. It comes from one plant instead of several like some companies.

lol yeah that is a little...... strong........... i think someone should make something like that for doin deer... lol isnt that a saftey hazard? i would think osha wouldnt like that... also i wonder if they have ever had people commit suicide there? i know it is totally sick but if someone wanted too.......

Ours says bison, chicken ect, we feed Nutrisource, it ain't cheap and its miles better than Purina and some others. Our dogs require higher protein because they are so active. It comes from one plant instead of several like some companies.

Curious as to what part of the bison or chicken they're refering to. Remember, once the breasts, wings, legs, and thighs are removed, the rest is still "chicken". Of course I'm generalizing. NutriSource may have much higher standards than the average dog food company. But in reality, I don't see what's the big deal. Lungs aren't any less healthy to eat than the heart or the liver. It just isn't appetizing to humans. Dogs don't care about that. So it's not like they're eating less healthy because it's the less appertizing cuts.

My dog eats Beneful. Not the best by far but it's what she'll accept. She's very finicky about what she'll eat. I supplement that with a ton of left over human food. Essentially I don't throw any food away. I'm also probably in a different situation than most since my dog weights all but 12 lbs and sleeps all day.

Here's a interesting read:

http://www.bornfreeu...hp?more=1&p=359

[edit: grammar and spelling]

Edited by Elmo