JOIN THE NRA NOW!!!

I'm a Life member and know what ? I don't agree with everything they say,just like I don't agree with everything my wife says too,but she's the best deal I got going and so is the NRA !

The reason you get asked for money even though you paid dues is simple, dues money can not by law be used for political purposes,hence P.A.C.s like NRA ILA, and so on.

only 56 workers out of close to 800 making 100k a year seems like a low number,100k is not big money anymore...

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

The just want your money, not your opinion. From the Houston Chronicle.

"On some issues, there is little dissent: 87 percent of NRA members say they believe enforcing Second Amendment rights coincides with keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals.

The majority of NRA rank-and-file members (71 percent) say they support the barring of people on terror watch lists from purchasing firearms, and a slightly smaller majority (65 percent) believe gun owners should be required by law to alert the police in the event their gun is lost or stolen.

However, the NRA’s Washington office opposes both of these efforts."

Would you mind providing the link to the paragraph above? Sounds like a CNN or some other yellow journalism rag quote.

People will come up with all sorts of BS reasons of why they won't spend $30 to fight for gun rights . If you don't want to join don't . Just don't post the BS replies . You can call the number and tell them not to call you and they won't . If I get mail from them , it just goes in the recycle bin . What's the big deal ?

I

The deal is why give them 30 bucks to have them spend 30 bucks sending me stuff. I want them to put our money to good use!

The only constructive part of your response is you can call to stop the calls. Is that true and can you stop the mailings? More info on that would be great. Not calling others posts BS because you disagree with them!

Ok... I'm done now. That is officially my last NRA bashing post. I need to get back to loading my 30 round clips.

Just don't forget to send in that check this year!! Remember.......It's cheap.... Where can I find 30 round "Clips?"

Edited by ants

Just don't forget to send in that check this year!! Remember.......It's cheap.... Where can I find 30 round "Clips?"

According to my American Hunter magazine I'm paid up until September of this year, but I'm sure I'll get over a hundred letters between now and then reminding me. So I have time to save up.

Come on ants, 30 round clips are everywhere... haven't you been watching the news?

Would you mind providing the link to the paragraph above? Sounds like a CNN or some other yellow journalism rag quote.

Woofer, that was in the news this past summer ever before the Sandy Hook shooting. I got that from the Houston Chronicle site, but if you do a google search for "GOP NRA poll" or something like that you will get several hits on the same report. It was done by a "GOP pollster" but I believe the info was released by some "mayors against illegal guns" or something similar.

You get mailings because dues money can not be used for politcal purposes,so you need to come up with a couple dollars once in awhile. By being a memeber you do give them the numbers and votes they need though.

In the past 25 or 30 years i've been a member, I've heard the ,I don't believe all that they say thing a time or 2.

So I ask ,"of the 20 plus pro gun groups, then which do YOU BELONG TOO ? " The answer is always the same NONE. Do you write letters to the ED? No, contact your elected officals? nope.

Thats ok, we will but some of you are getting heavy after all these years of carring you.

Last week I took my wife,her brother and his girl to lunch, $90 . Ok NRA membership is $35, a couple $20 during the year and its still less then lunch for 4.

• Like 1

It's really very simple. To elected officials, as an NRA member, you count. As a non-member, you don't.

When they see 4.5 million voters (and they DO vote!) analyzing there voting records, they fall into line with the Constitution. It would be far more effective if there were 30 million NRA members, and based on the number of gun owners in this country, that's a number that should be real now.

If they were only after member numbers, I'll sign up as a member, if they waive my fee.

I just don't get it, why are folks being pushy about joining the NRA? I, like some other honest working folks here, have my reserves with sending my hard earned money to an org that doesn't seem like they are spending their $ wisely, and certainly isn't benefitting my region. If I lived upstate, maybe I'd take a second look at them.

If they were only after member numbers, I'll sign up as a member, if they waive my fee.

I just don't get it, why are folks being pushy about joining the NRA? I, like some other honest working folks here, have my reserves with sending my hard earned money to an org that doesn't seem like they are spending their $ wisely, and certainly isn't benefitting my region. If I lived upstate, maybe I'd take a second look at them.

Do you really have any idea what they spend their money on? Do you have any idea how many anti-gun pieces of legislation that are proposed each year? How many of these laws have you personally had a hand in defeating? Do you think that legislative alerts that set off letter writing campaigns cost nothing? Do you think that this stuff comes for free? How many of these kinds of things have you been able to accomplish as a non affiliated individual? What kinds of meaningful pro-gun lobbying have you been able to accomplish by yourself? I think that tiny amount of money is a bargain for a service that none of us would ever be able to accomplish on our own. Besides sitting back and enjoying the free ride what's the alternative?

Oh and as to why folks are being pushy about joining the NRA, it might have something to do with the fact that the NRA is our most effective 2nd amendment advocacy group and most likely the only reason that we have guns in our possession today. It could have something to do with the fact that we really have no significant political voice individually. It might have something to do with the fact that we are footing the bill for something that most gun owners enjoy freely. It could also have something to do with the fact that if even a few more gun owners carried their fair burden in the 2nd amendment defense, we would have additional power to avert infringments, at even less cost. Yeah, those things could make an NRA member fairly enthusiastic about recruitment and pushing for support of an organization that defends something that all gun owners claim is important to them.

This is directed at the folks on here that keep putting down the NRA.

Please listen to reason. Doc has nailed it. Become educated on what all gun owners are up against and how the system works.

Do you realize how much money and power the ant- gun side has? All gun owners need to be heard, we need to unite and we need to stay on top of this every step. The NRA is doing all of this. If you think you can do it on your own, without the lobbying power of the NRA and other we organized groups, then please let us all know.

Read the news: "Vice President Biden will meet with the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a range of other groups this week as President Obama’s gun violence task force shifts into high gear."

Gun owners need to unite and stop pointing fingers. Here is an example. If you joined a local gun club where sportsmen gathered to shoot trap, pistol, rifles ect. There will be some people that don't see eye to eye on some things. That's normal, that's life. We are not all perfect and not all the same. But if everyone left the local gun club because of differences, there would then be no club. We need to get past this and grow up. We need to all stand together despite our differences. It's either that, or be pushed around by the anti gun politic ans and other anti gun groups.

They want us to be divided so they can push us aside and pass laws that will take our freedoms away. The time is now to make the choice on what side you want to stand on.

Doing nothing is part of the problem.

Putting down the NRA, who is our most effective 2nd amendment advocacy group and complaining is part of the problem and helping the anti-gun side.

We all need to unite as one or stand back and watch the anti's slowly but surely strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share an email just received from NRA

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

I wonder how much of that letter was already written before the NRA's staged walkout. Keep sending them your money- I'd hate to hear about a bunch of out-of-work lobbyists driving up the unemployment rate.

The NRA is now getting over 8,000 new members a day. Apparently a lot of folks who were content to sit on the sidelines, feeling they were not under any threat from the government, have had their eyes opened.

Unfortunately, some folks are so blind, they will never be able to see. I wonder where they choose to send their money to?