Leaks starting to come out about buck likely over Hanson buck score

phade

Rumors seems to float around every single year that a deer has been shot that tops the Hanson buck. Well, it's happening again. Rumors are starting to circulate of a muzzleloader buck taken in MI near the IN and Ohio border was taken this season and it is scoring significantly higher than the Hanson buck. Hunter has kept it under wraps well, but is now shopping the whole deal...story, pics, and rack.

Normally I wouldn't post such nonsense, but the news has started to spread through reputable people based off of first-hand experience of seeing the buck.

Hope to hear more about it, if it is indeed true.

Found it.

Here’s a pic the new world record whitetail. It was taken by the cousin of a co -worker’s sister’s, uncle’s, best friend’s, son-in-law’s cousin.

Reportedly it will score 603 1/8 by B&C standard and was shot in MI.

Supposedly, this deer had killed a bull, two landrovers ,six hunters, 4 grizzlys, 2 caribo, a jackalope and 2 schoolchildren in the last two weeks alone. They said he was in a fierce fight with Bigfoot, a chupacabra and a lockness monster when Gov Comuo and Obama shot him. There is now pending legislation in congress banning genetic manipulation, salt blocks and food plots bigger than 7 acres.

post-205-0-05533400-1360235822_thumb.jpg

Edited by erussell
  • Like 3

Rumors seems to float around every single year that a deer has been shot that tops the Hanson buck. Well, it's happening again. Rumors are starting to circulate of a muzzleloader buck taken in MI near the IN and Ohio border was taken this season and it is scoring significantly higher than the Hanson buck. Hunter has kept it under wraps well, but is now shopping the whole deal...story, pics, and rack.

Normally I wouldn't post such nonsense, but the news has started to spread through reputable people based off of first-hand experience of seeing the buck.

Hope to hear more about it, if it is indeed true.

Sounds like Mitch Rompola is at it again. Remember him?

I am sure if there is any validity to the story, it'll be picked up by the publications at some point.

Supposedly the area the buck was taken in was in a QDM co-op. To me, that seems fishy as that means too many people likley knew about the buck for it to be a secret. I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Found it.

Here’s a pic the new world record whitetail. It was taken by the cousin of a co -worker’s sister’s, uncle’s, best friend’s, son-in-law’s cousin.

Supposedly, this deer had killed a bull, two landrovers ,six hunters, 4 grizzlys, 2 caribo, a jackalope and 2 schoolchildren in the last two weeks alone. They said he was in a fierce fight with Bigfoot, a chupacabra and a lockness monster when Gov Comuo and Obama shot him. There is now pending legislation in congress banning genetic manipulation, salt blocks and food plots bigger than 7 acres.

Geeze....He'd have been a DANDY next year....

I think a big buck could be kept off the radar very easily, butcher it yourself, just horn mount, so head never goes to taxidermist.. heck lucky buck was a world record for years and never measured.. some old timers and conservative people don't care about the rack, and don't run around saying look at me see what i got!

That's assuming that the guy killed it alone and didn't tell a single sole... the Luckey buck was killed way before scoring bucks was popular and before mass media... it also was lost due to a taxidermist that took the rack from Roosevelt Luckey and was missing for years before it was unearthed nearly by accident and found by Bob Estes the founder of the Big Buck Club in the late 1960's after hearing a tale about the buck. Having said all that... the Luckey buck didn't fly under the radar at all it was well known in Allegany County in 1939 by almost everyone locally... all of whom were not aware that there was such thing as a Boone & Crockett Club. Today the chance of hiding a buck that big would be nearly impossible.. especially in a huge hunting state like Michigan. In my 25 years of working in the hunting community I have never met a hunter that wouldn't get excited over killing a 200+ class whitetail.. old timer or not... 150 class maybe... not 200 class

Edited by nyantler

Found it.

HAHA thats TOTALY photo shopped!!!

Found it.

Big buck must have been a fun hunt...

How did you get him home, a space ship ?? Or did you use the good ol throw em over your shoulder trick ?? Hahaha lol.

I still think rompola's buck is actual new world record, think he just got turned off to all the bs that went along with its controversy. And the jordan buck is still a better looking buck than hansons.. guy is lucky he didnt knock horn off with his bullet...

yeah someone at B&C claims its a non typical... i dont agree

This is where most hunters have it wrong.. the buck was never scored or claimed as a non-typical.. there was just one point in question... after long deliberations the B&C club decided to panel score the buck officially and found the point to be abnormal and not coming off the beam, but rather off the adjoining point... hence the point becomes a deduction based on the B&C typical scoring system. It was not considered a non-typical rack. The rack scored 180 as a typical taking it out of contention for the world record.

Edited by nyantler

As such, stories morph. Turns out it's the Indiana buck that is being hyped up. Non typical...309. Obviously lots of internet chatter, but its been scored by a B&C scorer and a sheet has been submitted.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. If the score stands through the process and panel, it may be the biggest buck ever taken by a hunter. Hard to say, as pics seem to not do it justice, but if a sheet has been submitted...then it's got to be at least ball park accurate.

B+C verified that the submitted score is legit. Most guys don't understand how big those truly big ones are until ou see them in person. BPS had their trailer full of famous bucks on display not too long ago with the Breen buck among others. It is so hard to imagine a deer growing that much antler. Those deer are in a whole other league...