New York: Penalty For 8 Round Magazines More Severe Than Being A Repeat Child Molestor

That's just a little insight as to the priority that these weirdos put on disarming the public. Look, the majority of us voted these guys in. That's what happens when people invest so little thought in their votes. These guys didn't make any secret about their anti-gun attitudes, but now there is all this shock and awe over this state gun law. There are elections coming in the future where many can rectify their errors. Let's see if the events of this legislation stay in the minds of gun owners long enough to have some effect. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Most voters have a very short memory.

• Like 1

The way this clown is treating honest, law abiding, citizens in unreal. Get caught with 8 rounds in the magazine of your legally owned hand gun, and you face a Felony. The corner drug dealer gets caught with CRACK!! and more than likely he will only face a Misdemeanor.

• Like 1

Class D Felony = loose all your guns and say bye bye to a CCW permit. all for one extra round in the mag.

Im sure that was part of Cuomo's plan. Impose penalties ( charge with a Felony) that would make a person lose his/her gun rights thereby taking one more gun owner, and their weapons, out of the picture.

I could give examples all day but.... You and your wife are walking through a parking lot on your way to your car. Some scum bag smacks you from behind with a baseball bat , knocks you to the ground and injures you.. You pull your pistol and hold him at bay until the police arrive. If the police find out that your 9 round mag. was loaded with all 9 rounds, then you and the scum bag both face class D felonies. Hopefully the police will demonstrate more common sense than the self serving Little King Andy, but who knows????

Good job little Andy.

Criminal possession inthe 3rd degree is a D felony. I thik if I purchased a Glock (Becasue some stores are saying they will sell the guns after April 15th without the mags) Right now you can buy them with a 10 round mag. but after April 15th you can't. I can buy a 10 round mag in PA though. If I bring that back and posess it it would fall under the Class D felony postion of the law.

DB- You are correct i think for a 10 round mag loaded with 8 if you own it prior to the April 15th deadline.

How they would know that I don't have a drawer full of those mags currently is beyond me.

(for the internet police---I havee many many pre April 15th 10 round magazines so you can rest assured they are ALLLLLLLL legal)

• Like 1

With the lack of interest in compliance, the governor has a slew of potential felons living in his state. What ever is he going to do?

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Prosecute the first offenders to the fullest extent, offer no plea bargains, incarcerate for the max - which I think for an E is 1 1/3 - 4 years - to force the rest of us into compliance.

Prosecute the first offenders to the fullest extent, offer no plea bargains, incarcerate for the max - which I think for an E is 1 1/3 - 4 years - to force the rest of us into compliance.

but would that be wise of them to 'stir the pot' that much? unless its added on to another felony say like drug trafficing, that would be lighting the fuse to an already explosive situation..... I wouldnt want to be the officer that tried to arrest the second person.

• Like 1

Do you really think that this law will stand? It never went thru due process according to state constitution! First judge that has court case in front of him will have to declare it void. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits popping uP? Attorneys know an easy case and will get their fees paid by the state at an absorbant rate when they win.

Do you really think that this law will stand? It never went thru due process according to state constitution! First judge that has court case in front of him will have to declare it void. Why do you think there are so many lawsuits popping uP? Attorneys know an easy case and will get their fees paid by the state at an absorbant rate when they win.

So you see this law getting appealed? and when?

I just dont know at this point, but until it is repealed, struck down, whatever, it is the law and you have the two choices of obey or disobey at your own risk.

Geno, there have been at least one, possibly more, lawsuits filed against it.