New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

I have a 5 arrow quiver . I take 3 broadheads ( 3 blade Rage ) and 2 field tips . When I get bored , I will pick a clump of weeds , whatever and shoot one of the arrows at it just to make sure everything is working .

I leave the Remote at home ....... :spiteful:

• Like 1

I have two sort of unrelated question for the bowhunters on this site. How many arrows do you keep in your quiver? I bring 4 into the woods. That old guys had like 8 in his quiver. wtf? And does anyone have a pickup with one of those "deer carrier things"? What's the point? Throw it in your bed...

At start, I use to bring 6.  2 Rage, 2 Montec G5s, and 2 blunt tips.  Now I only bring a rage and a G5 and do a eni-meeni-miney-moe as to which one I cock when I get a chance.  On some of those small public plots where I don't have to hike very far, I only don't even bring a quiver at all.  I carry the bow in one hand and one arrow in the other.  Call me a optimist and a pessimist but I just figure I won't miss and if I do...I won't get another shot any way.

I carry three arrows in my quiver. That way if I ever get into any trouble, I have enough for that universal distress signal of firing off three shots into the air.

No, seriously I do carry three arrows. No particular reason other than I need the extra two in case something strange and wacky occurs that I get more than just the usual 1 shot. More than that just seems like I'm carrying extra weight and bulk for no reason. It's a judgement call.

No particular reason other than I need the extra two in case something strange and wacky occurs that I get more than just the usual 1 shot. More than that just seems like I'm carrying extra weight and bulk for no reason. It's a judgement call.

always been my thinking too. been thinking of maybe bringing an old arrow with a field tip if i see something cool to shoot.

most reality shows do a decent job of hiding the staged parts, this show does not. The scene with the rich animal lover was obviously staged but to me it's fine because it simply recreates what does really happen. If you can watch the show and keep in mind it's for entertainment and not serious it's decent. When you start to pick apart all the scenes (like the one where the old guy is in a treestand in someones yard and the owners come outside) then the show is not for you. Did that really happen? No. But people busting your hunt does happen in the burbs.

I have two sort of unrelated question for the bowhunters on this site. How many arrows do you keep in your quiver? I bring 4 into the woods. That old guys had like 8 in his quiver. wtf? And does anyone have a pickup with one of those "deer carrier things"? What's the point? Throw it in your bed...

I have 4 or 5 arrows with me usually. Some guys like to carry more.

As for the hitch haul, the guy is old, and its much easier to get the deer on the hitch haul than in the bed of the truck. Less distance to go up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Give it a try worse thing they can say is no. Following normal hunting regulations like the 500' rule and maybe bow only. I don't think they will go for gun toting.

My Army unit is headquartered there on east molloy rd, and I see massive deer every day I drive through the marines land. Too bad it is high fenced and has razor wire at the top. Plus gate entrances are locked. I've talked to people about hunting it and no one has a problem with it but haven't talked to the right person yet with access to the gate and authority.
  • Like 1

I thought it was interesting to see just how anyone would pull off an urban hunt. I can't imagine it myself, but they seemed to be able to do it ok without getting in too much trouble with the neighborhood. I am amazed that they didn't find themselves in a constant PETA demonstration.