Can't keep up with the mice

Paula

I have traps out there and I haven't got anything lately. I am going to buy the sticky traps tomorrow. 

I will keep hood open to see how that works. 

I just cleaned a nest out from around the air filter. 

There are stinking cats all over here. They are using grass, rabbit fur and chicken feathers for nest

worst I ever had was my wife's daily driver. A 1 year old brand new explorer but parked outside near an oak tree. One day before our trip home to NY I popped the hood to check it all over and a squirrel had made a nest in the engine bay. Chewed a bunch of the foam engine cover and through a rubber line (they're now made with bio-oils and attract critters). I was terrified as I know there aren't extra hoses that don't have a reason and was thankful to find it was to the rear washer fluid. I could never repair it because it was right at the firewall of course and would have required me to take the whole glovebox and trim out. screw it and we traded it in 2 years ago.

One trick I use with success for my car and motorcycle during off season storage is dryer sheets. Put a few in spots that you WONT forget to remove. Keeps the mice away.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paula said:

I have traps out there and I haven't got anything lately. I am going to buy the sticky traps tomorrow. 

I will keep hood open to see how that works. 

I just cleaned a nest out from around the air filter. 

There are stinking cats all over here. They are using grass, rabbit fur and chicken feathers for nest

We keep up with the mice using traps with Peanut Butter ! Works like a charm , you need to freshen your Peanut Butter every few weeks !

• Like 1

My storage shipping container gets the little jerks. Multifront attack  Bucket trap, sticky pads, old fashioned mouse traps, sticky pads AND poison. The newer stuff is junk. Good old Dcon worked good, but you cant find it any more.

Traps catch the jerks in the process. Buckets work over a longer time, Dcon kicks off the mom and dad, and the local population. I have been known to settle down on the lawn chair with a pellet gun to zap the jerks when they show their heads, too.

• Haha 1

I had mice in my lawn mower and also my ATV . They chewed some wires in the ATV . I save the 18 oz. PB jars . I drilled several holes in a couple and put moth balls in each one . One goes under the hood of the mower . Another goes under the seat of the ATV near the battery and wires . So far , so good . 

I have caught mice , moles , shrews , chipmunks  and even slugs in the traps . Sometimes nothing and the PB is gone . A few traps have come up missing so something has carried some off . Now I stake them so they don't go missing .

• Like 1