What's your Draw Weight?

Lord of War

What were you hunting during that time? Rhino... Elephant?

60 lbs. for me does the job. My recurve has a draw weight of 49#.

Pav, I was only 16 when I got my first 90# bow I shot it good at around 103# It was just easier for me to hold more weight

I had a hell of a time switching to a 70# bow,  I do alright with it now, but it took a while

I had an old Mathews solo cam I was shooting at 64# since I got it 10+ years ago.  I've just upgraded to a Hoyt Carbon Element G3 and have it set at 70# (max).  I find the dual cam provides a smoother draw and is more comfortable to hold at full draw than my solo cam.

I think the lower draw weights are fine for perfectly placed shots but the higher draw weigh will yield more kills if the shot is a little off and hits a major bone.

same here shoulder issue I shoot 50-60# depending on how it feels when I get up in the morning

I agree for deer there is no need for draw so much weight 2 years ago shot a doe longest shot I ever took 53 yards  bow was at the low end I am guessing 50-52# complete pass through & she went no more then 75 yards

What are you guys hunting, geez.

44# recurve with my 30 DL. first year out and im only taking 15 yard shots if I even get a shot

I figure I next year I will move up to 49# when im a more confident shooter with at least a decent 25yard range.

54# max when I start hunting bear in a few years. least that's the plan

When I was a young buck and thought I had something to prove, I was shooting a 75#. And depending on which bow it was, the let-off was pretty darn small. Now that I am a broken down old geezer (partly as a result of pulling that 75# for all those years) I shoot my bow at 60#, and last year I temporarily dropped it down to 55#.

• Like 1

Ever watch one of these "sky shooters"? You know the over-bowed guys who point the bow up in the air and then with a heavy grunt (sometimes a karate-yell) they yank the bow to full draw and then attempt to aim. Kind of comical actually....lol.