My Son's First Deer!!!

Hondo65

<blockquote>  Well Mitch (15) shot his first deer last night. 5 point buck, first deer, first buck, first bow kill! I am pumped and so is he. He actually shot twice. The first shot was only 5 yards and he shot over his back. We were in a double ladder stand and I was holding his waist to try and calm him as he was shaking hard! SO was I!. The buck looked around after the shot and then just started walking away in front of us. He got to the logging trail and I grunted to stop him Mitch was at full draw. The buck just looked back and Mitch had to hold his draw. Finally the buck took a couple more steps and turned broadside. Mitch let the shot fly and I watched as the arrow hit the buck. Well placed shot, a little low and back . We waited a half hour all smiles and laughs. We tracked the buck up into a pine swamp not alot of blood. I jumped the buck and he ran toward us wheezing badly. he ran right by me so close I could have almost clubbed him. He then held up in some thick stuff. We backed out and went back this morning and found him in about 5 minutes. A fox had taken a little bit out of his shoulder near the entry wound and after sitting all night he was a little ripe but Mitch did a great job on field dressing his first deer. And as bad as it smelled he is psyched to hunt for more. What a great season so far.  Hondo    </blockquote>

post-1702-131455360296_thumb.jpg