Cheap rifle

Pygmy, on 16 Oct 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Savage has made accurate rifles for years...A buddy of mine has a M 110 that he bought in the 60s that is a tackdriver.

Used to be, the triggers sucked. However, with the current production accutrigger, that fault has been remedied.

If other companies can make a sweet trigger with no creep and adjustable poundage down into the 3's; then whats Savages problem by adding that stupid sear protection POS tin on their triggers.

Other than this 220 slug gun I bought; you couldn't pay me to own that set up....it'd be the first thing ripped out of the gun. If I keep the 220 past this season, that whole accutrigger is goin'; bad enough with bare fingers, it sucks balls with even light shooting gloves.

• Like 1

Come on, Dinsdale..Don't hold back..Tell us how ya REALLY feel..!!..LOL...

I guess you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but the accutrigger , along with it's clones made by other manufacturers of inexpensive rifles, is certainly an improvement over the creepy, hard to adjust monstrosities they used to put on them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the axis in 7-08.  Came with the bushnell; scope for 225 out the door.  I took the bushnell off and replaced it with a Nikon buckmasters 3x9x40. Trigger was a bit stiff as it does not have the accutrigger I adjusted the spring down myself to 3 pound pull and crisp.  I load for myself with 140 grain remington corelokt and 41 grains of Varget it will do about 1.5 at 150.  That is the furthest I have shot it.  Action is smooth and I an very happy with it so far.   I would recommend one to anyone.  Trigger adjustment is simple took me 5 minutes.  

I LOVE my accu-trigger.  It's a mechanical reminder of proper shooting technique.  I can drive tacks on the range but when a deer is in my cross hairs, the accu-trigger has helped remind me how to shoot, even when shooting my -06 and my muzzy that don't have accu-triggers, resulting in more meat in my freezer.  I won't buy another long gun that doesn't have it.