Anyone else NOT seeing any buck sign so far????

Pipecrew

I just got back from bow hunting in Cayuga county for the last 2 and a half days. I'm amazed at the lack of rubs and scrapes this year. Last season there was plenty of rubs and scrapes the first weekend of bow season. This maybe the first time I have failed to see so little buck sign on our property. We did see a couple small bucks. We actually saw more bucks than does. There are numerous fields in the area with corn that has not been cut yet so I'm sure there are tons of deer hanging out in the corn. The hunting should pick up.

Any thoughts?

Just like last year, I have come across far more scrapes than I have rubs. This is exactly opposite what I have seen in all my previous years of hunting. Actually, I have seen way more bucks than the sign would indicate. Can't explain it. It looks like we are developing "stealth bucks".  ;D

Doc

Just like last year, I have come across far more scrapes than I have rubs. This is exactly opposite what I have seen in all my previous years of hunting. Actually, I have seen way more bucks than the sign would indicate. Can't explain it. It looks like we are developing "stealth bucks".  ;D

Doc

I like to call them Ghost bucks. I have a spot in Kirkwood I hunt that I once hunted for 4 days straight without seeing any rubs. The last morning I hunted and headed home to run some errands, came back around 4 pm and there was a new rub not more than 10 ft from where my stand was.

I'm seeing lots of scrape activity and they are being cleaned and used but actually seeing deer the past few days it's dried up. Scratching my head over this. Seen a number of rubs too. I hate when you know they are there and you don't see them. I'd take seeing some does.

During muzzleloader week here in the NZ I saw quite a few fresh scrapes but then some warm weather came and since then things are dead-no activity at all.  It is cold now, even had an inch or two of snow yesterday and still nothing coming to the scrapes.  I got pics of some of the bucks and even saw some of them while hunting(I'm not for AR but by choice I passed them up so I am not a brown it's down guy just becasue I don't support AR ;) ) but it is almost like the earth swallowed them up.  I am almost positive they didn't all get shot but I can't even get any pics of them now????????????

The best buck sign Ive seen all year was this morning. I had 3 different bucks within 20 yards of me.  ;)

ive got rubs and scrapes and buck after buck on trail cam, right under the stand! and still none of them showing there face when im there or in day light time for that matter...