WHOS PUMPED FOR OPENING DAY!!!!

AaronBlaine

I am!!!! Only 7 hours, 51 mins and 15,14,13,12 secs to go before I get out of work, rotate the tires on the truck, pack the truck and get ready to leave tomm morning.

Gun is sighted in, bags are already packed and the frost this morning put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

totally pumped...leaving on friday. sighted shotgun in yesterday. food shopping today. only bummer might be the weather. winds west on saturday should be best day for my stand. becoming east on sunday hope for the best. then supposed to pour with thunderstorms on monday. hopefully will get it done before then. good luck to all.

Oh wait... Opening day is this Saturday . . . I almost forgot!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I've been counting down since May 31st!!

Heading up tomorrow around 12pm - in camp by 3:00pm - getting my pack ready by 3:30pm - sitting on the deck smoking my Meerschaum pipe by 4:00pm.  Dinner by 6:00pm - watch some retro TV, shower and go to bed by 10pm. Toss and turn all night - get up at 4:30AM. . . . 

• Like 1

This will be my 49th opening day of  NY gun season.. Even though I don't get as pumped as I used to get, the anticipation is still there..

Stands are all in place, rifles are sighted in, gear is all assembled..

All I'll have to do is get up Saturday morning and make the 5 minute drive to the property...

Hunt safe and good luck to everyone...

• Like 2

Looks like I'm not making it out today.......just been lacking drive...I think bow season with no results burnt me out.....I'm worried cuz usually I've over joyed about opening weekend and I happen to be off this year and not feeling it at all. A few of my opening season plans fell thru so I guess that has to do with it. Cant seem to muster up the motivation to head up myself. Maybe ill get motivated to head up sunday morn......good luck to all and stay safe out there.