Deer Road Kill

noodle one

Is it just me or are there fewer road killed deer along the highways and road ways. Back in Oct I saw a few doe dead along the road,that was it. This time of year in pass years I would see one or two everyday or so.. Three out of five would be a buck., this year not one buck let alone a doe. I live in 7S and only ten min away from 40. How are things in your neck of woods?

i was talking about this with my dad on the way up for opener, we counted like 2 RK's on 17 the way up and maybe 2-3 going home. very strange... usually their all over the place. i wonder if it means good rutting activity is extremely late this year??? but if so then that would make fawn survival for the following winter a bit rough to make it though if they are born to late.

Saw her too. Theses always a few there and I can never figure it out. Both sides are fenced and heavily populated...

Parents use to live in newark...1/2 mile from the highschool right in town. Deer would literally run thru the yard and eat behind the pool lol they are some weird creatures. One year there was a few hit right in town...

Edited by TeeBugg

Saw her too. Theses always a few there and I can never figure it out. Both sides are fenced and heavily populated...

I have seen deer in the village of Webster also . Saw a nice buck near Webster Ponds standing in the road . Used to see deer by Xerox north of Orchard St between Phillips and Rt 250 . They know where they are safe ! 

• Like 1

I came back down #390 and the Thruway Sunday and man with all that snow you can see some deer. Its hard to say there is a shortage of deer if you really watch.  There are a ton of deer that either live between the North and South or East and West lanes or they just get stuck there!  There was a pile of them all the way to Cuse!