Dec 1 doe...

growalot

I had hunted for a short time down in the area of lower plot ...got back home at 9 :15 ...wet due to ice on stand...saw lots of doe....at 10:30 i decided to go close up chicken widows and feed them...then go to blind and close that up for the winter...took the gun with me...got to blind and climbed up peaking over deck railing...and right where I had shot and missed a 6pt last week stood a big doe and she was with 3 others deer...well learning my lesson I aimed high and she kicked and they all ran down hill but she stopped..she wasn't looking good but I had to wait for another shot ...she finally stepped out from behind a big maple and I dropped her....Well I really wasn't prepared...no gutting bag and the initial hit was 88yrds thankfully she ran in my direction but still a ways out 76 yrds...all said and done I had to drag her up  past the blind to hide her...about a 100 yrds...not easy on a steep hill with a bad knee....

Went back to house 1400ft up hill and got gear...removed gear and hauled her out on my trusty little orange sled...I love my new HSS vest that drag was a breeze...Mr B ..not happy from camp that I didn't use the big tractor...but snow was real slick and wet...I was afraid of either getting stuck or sliding on the side hill....

• Like 11

Thanks guys...Mr B. just got home ...he's glad I didn't take the tractor after all...the snow is a slick mess now...he will help with the hanging...he heard my knee pop from three rooms away...ordered me to bed rest...freaked him out ...lol...will skin her tomorrow when I'm waiting for stove delivery...after Wed, I'll have plenty of time to cut up jerky and dry it...have to get the drier up stairs tomorrow....

• Like 1

I had hunted for a short time down in the area of lower plot ...got back home at 9 :15 ...wet due to ice on stand...saw lots of doe....at 10:30 i decided to go close up chicken widows and feed them...then go to blind and close that up for the winter...took the gun with me...got to blind and climbed up peaking over deck railing...and right where I had shot and missed a 6pt last week stood a big doe and she was with 3 others deer...well learning my lesson I aimed high and she kicked and they all ran down hill but she stopped..she wasn't looking good but I had to wait for another shot ...she finally stepped out from behind a big maple and I dropped her....Well I really wasn't prepared...no gutting bag and the initial hit was 88yrds thankfully she ran in my direction but still a ways out 76 yrds...all said and done I had to drag her up  past the blind to hide her...about a 100 yrds...not easy on a steep hill with a bad knee....

Went back to house 1400ft up hill and got gear...removed gear and hauled her out on my trusty little orange sled...I love my new HSS vest that drag was a breeze...Mr B ..not happy from camp that I didn't use the big tractor...but snow was real slick and wet...I was afraid of either getting stuck or sliding on the side hill....

hoping to try mine out soon!