Location fields in profile, why don't people use them?

bluecoupe

Right up front; forgive my rant.... and I know I'll probably get skewered but....

So many times I see posts of "well around here..." etc. but how in the world is anyone supposed to know where "here" is if the location fields aren't filled in?  Makes it very frustrating reading.   Are people that paranoid that someone's trying to find out where they live and hunt? That's pretty paranoid. 

I mean, just a clue would be nice, for example if I said I lived in Poughkeepsie (which I do) and said I hunted in Fishkill Plains, I would defy anyone to locate my spot but it would let people know where "here" is.  New York is an awfully big state and defining the general location of where "here" seems like basic courtesy.

• Like 1

paranoid........ dont talk to strangers........... never give out to much information.... the list goes on and on but in all honesty most people just worry about somebody else being able to (hack) into their more personal buissnes by using any information that they put out on the world wide web. jmho

Because when someone says "around here" it's nice to know; are they talking Poughkeepsie, Lake Placid, Buffalo?  It's just common courtesy, but I guess that's not in vogue these days. 

As for stalkers, you give people a ton more information when you give them a check. Your full name, address, bank routing information, and account number is right there but I'll bet no one thinks twice about that.  And would someone explain to me how with a forum handle and area you're going to find anyone?

My name is Steve, I live in Poughkeepsie - find me.

• Like 1

Because when someone says "around here" it's nice to know; are they talking Poughkeepsie, Lake Placid, Buffalo?  It's just common courtesy, but I guess that's not in vogue these days. 

As for stalkers, you give people a ton more information when you give them a check. Your full name, address, bank routing information, and account number is right there but I'll bet no one thinks twice about that.  And would someone explain to me how with a forum handle and area you're going to find anyone?

Because if you seen the locals where I live, you too would call it Loozerville.

I had a primer red tailgate on my pick up that had written in lumber crayon....

"I'm on a one way trip to Loozerville, U.S.A."

It also had cool racing stripes I put on with a paint roller and some porch enamel gray, done at lunch time on a project.

At first I thought "they" were bringing down the neighborhood, but after 25 years I have discovered I can help along the way.

And I'm roughly 25 miles north of you. I'm in Red Oaks Mills next week a few days; we can do lunch.

I give up. As I said - common courtesy apparently has gone down the chitter with most other things of the past. 

Oh, and Red Oaks Mills is 25 miles north of Poughkeepsie?!? ROTFLMAO - When'd they move it?

Read more careful....

I LIVE 25 miles north.

I'm WORKING a few days down your way.

It's the internet, it's supposed to be fun.

I've actually been pulling your legs this whole time.  I'm actually a male gigolo working out of Reno, Nevada.  My screen name is Hung Solo.  There's actually a slight pause in the two syllables of my last name of my screen name.  I don't actually hunt at all other than for lonely elderly female widows with large sums of money or gay men with no children to lavish their money on.  I own a teacup Chihuahua name Pikachu.

Steve I am gonna find you now, I will test my P.I. skills haha