The Shot Heard Throughout N.Y.

Oh, if only the Hudson Valley and the Berkshires were a more active fault line.

We're getting the h*77 out of NY in about 5 years, it can stay dormant until after we beat feet if you don't mind. It runs about a mile from our house. After we sell, it can sink. ;)

Absolutely zero reporting of it on TV around here.

Edited by bluecoupe

I really like these demonstrations of solidarity. They also are activities that keep the back-lash to the SAFE ACT in the spotlight and in everyone's mind. Of course the real act of solidarity that will count will be the next election and a universal response of an election that punishes those who voted for this slap in the face that all gun owners took a year ago. We need that vote to go our way to send a clear message to all politicians that support of anti-Second Amendment becomes a serious threat to their careers. We need to get behind our shooting sports advocacy organizations to assist them in carrying out their efforts to get out the vote and to see to it that every gun owner understands what's at stake. It's very obvious what happens if we fail. These signers of the SAFE ACT have to have an attitude adjustment, and it has to be one that other politicians can plainly see.

• Like 1

I find so many gun owners, that don't even know some of the simple facts on the SAFE. act, and what is has done to their 2nd Amendment rights to gun ownership in this state. A simple, plain worded fact sheet on the SAFE. act would be a benefit to those of us trying to educate, and spread the word.

That's a great idea. We need to educate and campaign against Cuomo and those who who put the SafeAct in place. I know I will be reaching out to anyone who will listen. We all need to come up with a plan for this and unite. It's the only way we can be heard and turn this around.

We also have a sticky thread on this forum that gets into the details and surrounding info regarding the SAFE ACT:

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/14386-the-new-ny-gun-law-sticky-ny-safe-act-faq-petitions-lawsuits-info-links/

[/quote

We need a plain language fact sheet that simply explains how it affects gun owners. Something with an attention grabber( maybe the ammo) and a maybe a plug to register to vote. Make full aware what people voted for the SAFE. act and who voted for the funding.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I thought it strange I didn't notice shots coming from our gun club...they have competition shoots so I'm use to hearing the shooting and know the direction well...looked on the web sight and not one word about it or the Safe act for that matter....odd for a club that hosts State competitions...Maybe some shot after I went in...hhmmm

http://www.scopeny.org/NYSAFE_Act_Revealed.html

check out this link.  it will give you a great place to start

One thing that continually amazes me is how many people don't realize that "semi-automatic" is a very prevalent term in the definitions.  Most everyone who sees my 500 Mossberg insists that it's an assault weapon because of the pistol grip and adjustable stock...

$25 to join SCOPE. Anybody here that would have a problem raising that kind of money? They will need every penny they can get their hands on in the next few months to get the word out to the gun owners and convince them that the issue is worth a trip to the ballot box. It's a small enough cost to support an organization that is working hard to protect your 2nd Amendment rights.

If you are not registered to vote, do it today.

If you do not know who your legislators are, check out the NYS Senate page and the NYS Assembly page. They each have forms to i.d. your legislators.

If you don't know how your legislators voted on the safe act. check out the "Lest We Forget" thread at the top of the page of this forum.

These are all of the minimum things that should be done by every gun owner who gives a damn about the future of their gun rights and those of their descendants.

• Like 1