My Slammer

skyzmine

sorry i posted the 1st thread in the wrong place.

if any mod sees this please delete this topic and move the other thread here. thanks. . .

Ok,

I just got home from work about 5 pm 11/04, I rushed to change and get out to the stand.

it took about 10 minutes to dress and i was out the door. My stand yesterday is about 300 yards from my house (right in my back woods) so about 5:15 I was in my stand and just lit a smoke.

then ''CRACK'' i turned to my left and here he comes. He was no more than 5 feet from my tree right behind me. I do a 180 and draw.

Im 20 feet up shooting almost straight down, and let it rip.

The Lazer Eye lit red and he was off, he ran to my back trail as I saw the nock glowing and then he stoped and the lazer eye nock was on the ground. He just walked away, right out of sight.

I climed down and went back to my house to give him time to bleed out.

At that angle it was hard to place the arrow. seemed like a good shot to me tho.

Finally its time to look and recover.

I have my youngest boy (16 years old) get the quad and a few lights and my gerber blood light and off we go.

We went right where the arrow dropped. It was coated in bright red blood. and the rain was washing the blood away quickley. We find the blood trail quickly (by the puddles) He walked right down the atv trail about 50 yards then into the thick. We lost the blood a few times, the gap of blood was getting farther and farther apart untill there was none. The rain did a number on the blood, even with the blood lights.

I called up a good friend of mine and he was at my door by 8:30 so i sent my son in and I was off again.

We went to the last spot of blood and went the path that was the easyest for a deer to go through.

It seemed to go right in a 30 acre corn field behind my property.

we walked the corn field with no signs of anything, it was time to call it quits. its now about 10:30

5 hours later with a dead end in sight. We jumped on the quad and went down the road to the corn field and nothing. I said lets just call it quits, Instead of taking the road back to my house we went between my land and the corn field, I turned off the road and no more than 10 feet in there he was. right in the opening around the field. We were about 20 feet from him when we walked the field but never went to the road.

Ill tell you what, two adult men had one hell of a time loading this brute on the quad.

post-456-131455368645_thumb.jpg

post-456-131455368666_thumb.jpg

post-456-131455368922_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

That's why we don't have a lot of big bucks in new york!!!  People can't just shoot what the law lets them they have to be greedy. Bet you any money if that big buck was his first buck he still would have shot the spike! Sounds like he had his own land and bet you very little hunting pressure.   

Doesn't say where he killed either buck so they could both be legal.  The first one was 10/18 so it was during early bow (NT and ST) and the big one was 11/4 so NT gun was open.  It is possible that he killed the first one during bow and tagged it with his either-sex tag, and killed the second one with his bow during NT gun, which is legal.

OR... not so much.

That first deer was shot on October 15th (he says on Monday) he posted it on the 19th.

The second it says was shot on the November 4th. Which he says was with the bow and behind his place.

According to this post in his post history he lives in Wayne co.

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,4337.msg53960.html#msg53960

Regular deer season in the northern zone opened the 22nd.

Unless i am missing something that means the second one was poached.

He also states he doesn't hunt much other than his place in the gas price thread.

That first deer was shot on October 15th (he says on Monday) he posted it on the 19th.

The second it says was shot on the November 4th. Which he says was with the bow and behind his place.

According to this post in his post history he lives in Wayne co.

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,4337.msg53960.html#msg53960

Regular deer season in the northern zone opened the 22nd.

Unless i am missing something that means the second one was poached.

He also states he doesn't hunt much other than his place in the gas price thread.

If the NZ bow season is from sept. 27 - Oct.21, than the first is legal, and so is the second, or is it not legal to use a bow during gun in the NZ? Regular season in NZ starts on Oct. 22, no? I don't see what the problem is here. Can someone please elaborate?

Alright maybe I am missing something.

NOT

IF he shot the first one in the northern zone with a bow on the 15th or the 19th that would make the second one poached.

The SZ deer was behined his house on the 4th of Nov. in Wayne co. That means the only way you could fill the second buck tag would be during the regular season which doesn't open until Oct. 22nd in the NZ and mid November for SZ.