Uncle Ted Yapping a way…..

Slow hand, I agree that WE know that this is just Ted being Ted. But, the general public sees him as a lunatic in camo saying crazy things. And that reflects badly on us as hunters.

Amen to that.  I am not a big fan of Ted but I love his attitude.  Just wish he did not come across as so crazy.   I wonder if he hurts us more than helps?

Actually, Ted's style gets the attention of the general public, and they hear the message of freedom and rights buried in his crazy style.  That is something positive. 

The general public completely ignores the bland statements made by most other 2nd Amendment supporters, or thinks they are pawns of the NRA, or too radical.

He gets the attention of the general public, and though they may find him personally offensive, they cannot ignore, or argue with, the truth in the message that he professes.

I dare anyone on this forum to have the kind of balls to say the things Ted says in public that need to be said... I applaud any man that doesn't back down in his convictions crazy or not... we all should be so bold. If we were... the 2nd amendment wouldn't be under this kind of assault. Giving a crap what non gun owners think about us is unimportant compared to how the constitution is being trampled on... calling a spade a spade is not crazy.. just true... and needs to be said.

• Like 4

I dare anyone on this forum to have the kind of balls to say the things Ted says in public that need to be said... I applaud any man that doesn't back down in his convictions crazy or not... we all should be so bold. If we were... the 2nd amendment wouldn't be under this kind of assault. Giving a crap what non gun owners think about us is unimportant compared to how the constitution is being trampled on... calling a spade a spade is not crazy.. just true... and needs to be said.

The point is, he shouldn't be saying those things in public. If he had a little couth, maybe people would be more apt to listen instead of thinking he's a raving lunatic and all gun owners must be like him. Myself, as a gun owner, would not say the crap he does and it has nothing to do with having balls. The guy is nuts, plain and simple! How do you think he avoided the draft?

All I know is that I would not want to be the anti-gun representative assigned to debate him. The man does have a powerful reservoir of knowledge that he can pull out of that crazy mind at a second's notice. I have seen some pretty clever debaters that were totally destroyed by the fact that he combats their emotional arguments with cold hard facts and documentation. Piers Morgan comes to mind ..... totally destroyed by Nugent. 

• Like 1

The educated non-hunting public doesn't listen to him. If Ted didn't rant like this where would he be……….I find him interesting for his love of the outdoors that is about it. Would I sit down and brake bread with him, probably not. 

I agree with this. He has the kind of loud-mouthed, overbearing, personality that I don't often care to associate with. I cannot picture him as a personal friend. However, as objectionable as his personality may be, if you want someone that can swamp the anti-hunters/gunners with a blitz of facts and leave them hemming and hawing and red-faced and stammering like a fool, he's your man.

• Like 1

Some of you guys should Google Ted's bio and find out his list of qualifications, accomplishments and sponsorships regarding firearms, the 2nd Amendment and hunting.  You may not like him personally, but I doubt any of you would dislike what he has done for all of the above.  The list is far too extensive to be put into a post here.

If you think all he has done is hurt the causes mentioned, you are dead wrong!

If you dislike him, it's probably because all you know of him is what the leftist mass media shows of him on network TV.  Expand your knowledge and open your mind a little before you throw stones.

although at times he can seem a little off the wall, I like him......you'd be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable and articulate speaker.........the majority of people would be made to look like fools in front of a microphone, Ted has the ability to turn the tables on his interviewers, and most of the facts he gives are spot on.

Edited by jjb4900