bow hunters vs other hunters

stubby68

Well stubby, those are some nice bucks first of all!

Secondly, by the replies you received, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that SOME bowhunters got a hard on for everybody...... including other bowhunters.

To answer your original question without getting too involved..... not ALL bowhunters are like that, but I have run into quite a few that are, and understand where you're coming from! Don't let it bring you down.

Hunt your own hunt and don't worry about the rest.

• Like 1

And for what its worth, I've run into way more A-Holes out gun hunting than Bowhunting. Trespassers, guys shooting farmers tractors and goats, poachers and guys driving 4 wheelers on public land where they are not allowed are some of the things I've personally seen during gun season that I have not witnessed during bow. I'm sure it happens during bow too and it doesn't mean all gun hunters are A-Holes. To state that 80% of bowhunters are jerks is just an opinion. Just like we have formed an opinion about you being an uneducated troll!

And for what its worth, I've run into way more A-Holes out gun hunting than Bowhunting. Trespassers, guys shooting farmers tractors and goats, poachers and guys driving 4 wheelers on public land where they are not allowed are some of the things I've personally seen during gun season that I have not witnessed during bow. I'm sure it happens during bow too and it doesn't mean all gun hunters are A-Holes. To state that 80% of bowhunters are jerks is just an opinion. Just like we have formed an opinion about you being an uneducated troll!

Are you Growies neighbor?

• Like 5

wooly and moog thanks.steve I said bow hunting was easier not harder.And no I have never been kicked off any other sites I go to them often and and yes I make people mad at me still there are many who agree.As for proof fasteddie (thanks one more English lesson on a hunting forum,spelled it wrong and you still knew what I ment) I was asked to show proof by more then on person.The pot needs to be stirred oncs in a while.I just say what many others want but dont because of the response they will get.Not ignoring avoiding.No not all bow hunters wooly but most

Arrow flinger.No not all bow hunters are a holes there are a holes on both sides.By sayiny 80% I was trying to say not alI but most. I should have said 80% of the bow hunters I have met.Yes we all have opinions and one was formed of me because I said something the bow hunters did'nt like that is fine.When ever someone says things that others dont like yet cant proof wrong they are labeled a troll.

I dont get my opinion from books or shows like most people do.I am out in the woods year round and see many things.My opinion is formed from what I see all year not by getting in the woods for one week while I am hunting and then watching a show with farm grown bucks and reading articals by people who sit in a office all day every day.I am either in the woods or working which is where I am going now have a good day

I said it before and I still agree with stubby68. When someone has learned how to shoot a bow , it is like when you learned how to ride a bike, you never forget. I am 70 years old and have been hunting with a bow for 50 years, so when I say it is far easier to take a deer with todays compound bows and todays arrows and broadheads I know what I am talking about. Yes it is easier take a deer with a bow than it is to take one with a gun.I have taken two bucks for I don't know how many years,one with bow and the other with gun. I know when I go out hunting with my bow I know that I will kill a deer, I can't say that when out gun hunting. What makes bow hunting easier is the time of the season and the deer are in thier natural state and not being pushed. I have to laugh when I hear how hard it is to bow hunt. If todays bowhunters think it is so hard you should have been bowhunting back when I started when you you didn't have all the bells and whistles that you have today. Back then you had to buy three doz, cedar arrows to get (6) six that were staight coming off the bow. and broadheads that you needed to carry a file with you so you could keep then sharp. Most of todays so called bowhunter are not true hunters, all they do is seat in treestands and shoot at deer when they walk by.A true bowhunter hunts on the ground not in a tree . When someone seats in a treestand, then to me all they are then are deer shooters and not deer hunters. when you are on the ground and looking eye balls to eye balls only then are you a true hunter of deer. Todays bow shooters like to tell every one how hard it is when in fact if you know what you are doing it is easier. If you don't believe me , just look at all the pictures of big buck that are taken with bow and compare the big buck numbers that are taken with gun.

• Like 1

I said it before and I still agree with stubby68. When someone has learned how to shoot a bow , it is like when you learned how to ride a bike, you never forget. I am 70 years old and have been hunting with a bow for 50 years, so when I say it is far easier to take a deer with todays compound bows and todays arrows and broadheads I know what I am talking about. Yes it is easier take a deer with a bow than it is to take one with a gun.I have taken two bucks for I don't know how many years,one with bow and the other with gun. I know when I go out hunting with my bow I know that I will kill a deer, I can't say that when out gun hunting. What makes bow hunting easier is the time of the season and the deer are in thier natural state and not being pushed. I have to laugh when I hear how hard it is to bow hunt. If todays bowhunters think it is so hard you should have been bowhunting back when I started when you you didn't have all the bells and whistles that you have today. Back then you had to buy three doz, cedar arrows to get (6) six that were staight coming off the bow. and broadheads that you needed to carry a file with you so you could keep then sharp. Most of todays so called bowhunter are not true hunters, all they do is seat in treestands and shoot at deer when they walk by.A true bowhunter hunts on the ground not in a tree . When someone seats in a treestand, then to me all they are then are deer shooters and not deer hunters. when you are on the ground and looking eye balls to eye balls only then are you a true hunter of deer. Todays bow shooters like to tell every one how hard it is when in fact if you know what you are doing it is easier. If you don't believe me , just look at all the pictures of big buck that are taken with bow and compare the big buck numbers that are taken with gun.

Bowhunting takes a lot more effort, therefore its harder. I could go sit at the end of a deer drive and shoot a deer with my gun, nothing real hard about that. I can be proficient with my gun after shooting about 5 shots to sight it in....can't do that with a bow. I just need to be in the neighborhood of a deer to shoot it with a gun.....need to get much closer with a bow. Just because you find it easier to shoot a deer with the bow only means that you're a good hunter IMHO. I don't know if I would say for sure that Bowhunting is harder but it does require a lot more effort, which I guess does make it harder. Now I'm confusing myself! :crazy:

Does a person have to have money to be a serious hunter? So I cant type big deal.For the record I banked $65,000 last year.    

You missed the metaphor. To make it more clear, my statement was that until you show us you're a good hunter you're the equivalent of a non-worker on welfare with an opinion of those who do work. I honestly apologize if my comment was taken the wrong way by anyone. By no means what so ever does ones economic status reflect who they are as a person or how well they hunt.

Sounds like an older generation saying they walked uphill barefoot in a snowstorm to get to school story to me. Hunting has evolved and will continue to do so.

But, your last statement just seems odd. If bowhunting really were that easy, the standards for inclusion of the "accepted" respective clubs monitoring their activity (B&C/P&Y) would be reversed. If gunhunting were actually harder, 125" would make minimum book and vice versa for bowhunting (B&C standards). These two organizations, while not perfect, generally reflect the masses and trends of bucks killed by hunters. So, I'm not so sure I'd say gunhunting is harder by any stretch.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

A Bow gives you 100% chance of tracking no matter how good your shot.Now the deer is running with stick in it bleeding and suffering and mabey get lost.

So much stupidity packed into one line.  That was as far as I got before deciding you're a troll and/or a terrible bow hunter.

Honestly with today's bows, sights , releases. My bow is a pick up and shoot weapon. No real practice needed to kill a deer under 20....form practice and further distances yes practice and proper form is needed Honestly I can kill a deer with bow every year, several if I wished. But archery is a time for me to learn more about the game I pursue. I like to try for a top 5 buck off my property (via trailcam photos). That makes it a challenge. But Gun is much easier to take a longer shot, but the increases in hunter densities make the deer harder to find in their natural movement patterns.

As for why bow hunters complain the most or loudest. They are usually the most dedicated and have studied and researched their game habits, habitat, nutrition, travel patterns, food sources, and in general are more educated about the game they pursue, whether it be whitetail, mule deer, elk, moose, caribou,ect... along with the fact they generally have more experiance than most,as they have already hunted with various weapons before they took up bow, new hunters usually start as gun hunters and if they choose to become more dedicated turn to bow, or muzzloader hunting.

Therefore bowhunters usually are better conservationists in general than the average guy off the street who may just gun hunt a few days or is new to the sport..

• Like 6

Interesting. Mr. Stubby, welcome to the forum. Could you please share your thoughts on the following?

Antler restrictions

Baiting

the safe act

Aliens

bigfoot

The youth hunt

treestands

Don't forget....."where's growie?" :girldevil:

Interesting. Mr. Stubby, welcome to the forum. Could you please share your thoughts on the following?

Antler restrictions

Baiting

the safe act

Aliens

bigfoot

The youth hunt

treestands

How about Hunter Orange and .243's?

Good one EJF :biggrin: