2 Thumbs up for Matt Cantrell

moog5050

Just got my 2013 bow buck mount from him. My first mount and I am very happy. He did a great job and is a great guy. Thanks Matt.

Best of all, I was able to get it on the wall before my wife came home. Too Late! Lol

E8E2ADE8-E8A7-455E-A364-B499A74F9867.jpg

ECDA426B-B4FC-495F-8152-EE2061A8C05C.jpg

6E2123DE-79A8-4916-89DA-AF561AC5C877.jpg

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 9

Good thing I passed him.

I only shot him knowing he was slightly bigger than the little guy you shot.  Like you, I should have held out for one of the 2 targets. 

And again, you can't call it passing when your tag was BURNED already.

LOL

BTW - feel free to pass on a Tom for me.  I still need my first.

I only shot him knowing he was slightly bigger than the little guy you shot.  Like you, I should have held out for one of the 2 targets. 

And again, you can't call it passing when your tag was BURNED already.

LOL

BTW - feel free to pass on a Tom for me.  I still need my first.

Had to show you what a buck looks like up close. Consider me a good friend for making such a sacrifice.

Had to show you what a buck looks like up close. Consider me a good friend for making such a sacrifice.

Yes- thx magic man. Credit goes to David for chasing him down in socks. Greatest tracking moment ever. Permanent reminder on the wall.

good deal! 

I've done euros and traditional plaque and antler mounts myself but haven't subjectively shot one big enough to do a full shoulder mount.  someday hopefully I will.

....my wife says it has to have double drop tines to mount it in the living room.  when I spend more time in the woods and she complains a little I always remind her of the high bar she set.

Edited by dbHunterNY

Congrats on the nice buck and the nice mount!

The stories behind the mounts usually mean a lot more than the mounts themselves. I'd like to hear more about that 'new crossfit regime'. LOL Sounds like a good one.

In the end, it's all about the memories. Make 'em good ones.

So true on the memories. Long story short, thought I had a perfect heart shot but shot under the heart. Lots of blood early but this buck was tough. Pushed him off the property into a park. We had to leave bows behind. Push him back into property after about a mile chase and our buddy catches up with us. We find him bedded and hurt while the three of us start to watch about 60yds away and try to wait it out. Then our friend tried to sneak up on him by taking his shoes off and finish him. He was the only one with a bow. As he sneaks up, the buck gets up and starts moving uphill with our friend running full speed in chase. The buck was hurting and slows down on top of a steep ridge despite our friend in chase. Gave our friend the time to get another arrow in him. Buck goes down and we KNOW its finally over. But the buck pops up again. Another short chase in socks and buck finally lays down for the final time. I was out of breath just trying to keep up with David and the buck. Lol