Another Celeb Deer Hunter Busted

Five Seasons

These accusations have been out for quite some time, but just now seem to be gaining steam.

It seems like Marc knew he could make money in the industry and found a way to do that, albeit he's probably done. But, I suspect he was one of the few to actually cash in, within the industry.

At this point it doesn't matter whether it's true or not... just the accusation is enough to get you ousted from the industry. This kind of cheating is way more common than you think... but, then again, so are unfounded accusations... it's a tough industry and some people will do whatever to grab a piece of it.

This was from a few weeks ago. The newest debacle is a guy who posts on Archery Talk named OhioBooners.

Said he killed all kinds of 150" bucks on one property but one was proven to be off a high fence farm.

He has posted pics of a possible and probably new WR buck from Ohio, but people are speculating that is it a high fenced deer too.

The guy has since deleted he and his wives Facebook, stopped posting on AT and has been dropped my Trophy Pursuit.

He was ripping into Marc really hard about him being deceitful too. Ironic.

I hate reading this kind of stuff, but unfortunately it's becoming more and more common. I guess it is par for the course when mixing anything with money and fame.

I have been planning on ordering one of his ghillie suits, I better soon.

Ye, for real. It's the American fascination for turning everything into a sport or competition. Hunting ain't a sport. It is a normal, perenial human pastime. You don't eat your basketball after the game.

Would it be the hoop technically, cause you shoot a basketball :)

• Like 1

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but to play devil's advocate, I am sure being under that much pressure to perform can lead someone to do some not so honest things.

Up until this post, I'd never even heard of the guy, but I don't really keep up on stuff like that.

To be honest with ya, even if he pulled off the hoax without a hitch, I probably still wouldn't be able to tell you who he is.

Right now after reading that link I still don't even know or care who he is,lol

I guess he's gonna have do something more than kill a couple big deer if it's his "celebrity reputation" he's looking to uphold.

• Like 6

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but to play devil's advocate, I am sure being under that much pressure to perform can lead someone to do some not so honest things.

What pressure.??? Either it happens or it doesn't . 

How many of our hunter-heroes do you really think abide by all the proper laws, and ethical decisions and rules of fair chase? How do you think all of our hunting entertainers come up with week after week of successful hunts? These guys harvest trophy animals for our entertainment. That's their livelihood. No trophies, no paycheck. Can anyone really be surprised that everything isn't always on the up-and-up?

Personally, these guys to me are truly meaningless. I do not look up to them in awe. And as far as I am concerned they are the result of some misplaced notion of hero-worship that has absolutely no business in my version of the world of hunting.

• Like 6

Ye, for real. It's the American fascination for turning everything into a sport or competition. Hunting ain't a sport. It is a normal, perenial human pastime. You don't eat your basketball after the game.

agree and disagree. There is not one of us who shoots a deer at night or face starvation. While many of us eat a lot of venison, I think with food stamps and welfare there wouldn't be any of us starving. Considering this, it no longer becomes a necessary survival skill and while I agree that it is one of the most basic skills of mankind. It's no longer require to survive. Therefore, a hobby and a sport.

How many of our hunter-heroes do you really think abide by all the proper laws, and ethical decisions and rules of fair chase? How do you think all of our hunting entertainers come up with week after week of successful hunts? These guys harvest trophy animals for our entertainment. That's their livelihood. No trophies, no paycheck. Can anyone really be surprised that everything isn't always on the up-and-up?

Personally, these guys to me are truly meaningless. I do not look up to them in awe. And as far as I am concerned they are the result of some misplaced notion of hero-worship that has absolutely no business in my version of the world of hunting.

Having been in the circle for a short time and seeing how the industry operates... none of this is surprising... lots of these guys and gals push the envelope of ethics all the time... more than that though... they have turned trophy management ( or to some QDM) into a huge deer farming operations that helps increase the odds of killing a big buck for television... I could take many of these so called "super hunters" into the Adirondacks and drop them off with just a compass, and not only would they probably never kill a deer with all their Super deer knowledge, I bet there would have to be search parties sent out to find their lost butts... might be fun to see some of that footage on their shows though...lol

• Like 2