What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 9/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

That sounds really good ! It's getting to be soup weather 

I like homemade soup, and I'm not a big fan of canned and processed soup but sometimes it's what's for dinner when I don't want to cook. Anyway, Tops has Progresso soup on sale for a buck a can. 10 for $10 bucks if you want to stock up for the winter. Just an FYI.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:46 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Last of my spring wild turkey. Marinated in oj , Italian dressing and crushed red pepper for a few hours. Cooked with sous vide and then finished it in the oven for a few minutes. Tender as all get out. Only one crunchy thanks to a hard noggin shot. More silver queen corn 6715c0fc4658cc6363d6f79962822d56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen you mention  marinating  turkey in oj a few times.Do you taste the oj in the bird or is it a tenderizer?

Last of my spring wild turkey. Marinated in oj , Italian dressing and crushed red pepper for a few hours. Cooked with sous vide and then finished it in the oven for a few minutes. Tender as all get out. Only one crunchy thanks to a hard noggin shot. More silver queen corn 6715c0fc4658cc6363d6f79962822d56.jpg&key=eed68dbb3f82b51de9a7a74164ab5ee23e0213959c8bc9b2c6b306bc6cf75388

I think Silver Queen is an all white corn, those look like Butter and Sugar, or one of the many variations of it. Either way, looks tasty! Sweet corn has been terrific this year, even if all of the other crops are late or suffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Silver Queen is an all white corn, those look like Butter and Sugar, or one of the many variations of it. Either way, looks tasty! Sweet corn has been terrific this year, even if all of the other crops are late or suffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are absolutely correct. I was mistaken. Wife bought at Wegmans . Corn this year has been in fact excellent