What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I had to pass on a fallow deer in Delevan a few years ago. Wandered by my stand on Thanksgiving day. Turns out the guy across the street had lost them two years earlier. Legally I could have shot turns out but I didnt know at the time

That sucks! Buck?

Years ago I was with my cousin on one of his friends farm doing a drive. The friend shot a Sika deer jumped on the drive. All legal it was an escapee from a farm and the DEC does not want them loose in population.

That was the best tasting venison I have ever eaten! Darker meat than a whitetail.

• Like 1

I had back straps planned for tonight, but my daughter had her vegetarian friend over for dinner, at the last minute.

I had to order Cheese pizza and salad……….Uuuugh. Tomorrow !!!  

Vegetarians ruin everything !!!!!! LOL!!!

I had back straps planned for tonight, but my daughter had her vegetarian friend over for dinner, at the last minute.

I had to order Cheese pizza and salad……….Uuuugh. Tomorrow !!!

Vegetarians ruin everything !!!!!! LOL!!!

First the boyfriend then a vegetarian. What's next?

• Like 1

Made a beef roast and did it my way. It was small so 300 for an hour and a half. Came out perfect. Brown on the edge and red in the middle. The g/f doesn't like it that way, but it's easier for her to cook a slice a bit more for med/well then it is for me to get it rare again.

Also made baby golds and fresh green beans.

• Like 2