What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

What’s in the jars? Back larger one looks like banana peppers. What’s in the small one behind the seltzer(labeled Ultra)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it was peppers behind the canned spring water aka "seltzer"...it was spicy little peppers in the shape/size of kidney beans.   The oils it were marinating in, was seasoned,  and very spicy.  I can handle very spicy,  and these were hot, but had a nice taste, i added them to our homemade guacamole.  I have never seen such small peppers.  The others were indeed a banana pepper. 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I don't use the smoker that much cause it takes so much time and checking but damn it comes out good.  And it worked out cause the power was out here for 6 hours so cooked and did some stuff outside.  

I was just introduced to smoking a few months ago, it's amazing. My friend uses an electric smoker with pellets. I'm looking for a place to live and plan on buying a smoker of some sort right away!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paula said:

I was just introduced to smoking a few months ago, it's amazing. My friend uses an electric smoker with pellets. I'm looking for a place to live and plan on buying a smoker of some sort right away!

I've got a charcoal one. Electric would seem to be easier to keep the right temp for sure.  But it's a good day to be in the yard with a beer and the smoker going in the summer for sure.  Best of luck with the new place.  Maybe you will get one for a house warming gift.  Just start hinting to everyone. Lol 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Paula said:

I am no expert on smoking, but I have learned enough over that last year or so to give this bit of advice. Think about what you want to smoke, and buy a smoker that will be the best for you.

I have two smokers, both are vertical water smokers, one charcoal, one's propane. You cannot beat the flavor food gets from the charcoal smoker, and the propane is a close second. I have to make some mods to the charcoal smoker, I have to drill some holes on the charcoal pan so when I 'shake' the ash actually falls away leaving good air flow to the charcoal and wood whips. Keeping a foil pan to catch the ash will help keep the smoker bottom clean.

Bullet smokers are pretty much the same as a vertical smoker.

"Offset" is IMO the best smoker out there.

When we bought the charcoal smoker the first thing I did was try to find a place with the best advice I could. Fletch from this site gave me a link to this smoking site, but I had already been there. You don't have to join the site to learn, but you can gain more knowledge in a couple weeks on reading this site then you might learn in two years. On your own.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com

Edited by Rob...

I am no expert on smoking, but I have learned enough over that last year or so to give this bit of advice. Think about what you want to smoke, and buy a smoker that will be the best for you.
I have two smokers, both are vertical water smokers, one charcoal, one's propane. You cannot beat the flavor food gets from the charcoal smoker, and the propane is a close second. I have to make some mods to the charcoal smoker, I have to drill some holes on the charcoal pan so when I 'shake' the ash actually falls away leaving good air flow to the charcoal and wood whips. Keeping a foil pan to catch the ash will help keep the smoker bottom clean.
Bullet smokers are pretty much the same as a vertical smoker.
"Offset" is IMO the best smoker out there.
When we bought the charcoal smoker the first thing I did was try to find a place with the best advice I could. Fletch from this site gave me a link to this smoking site, but I had already been there. You don't have to join the site to learn, but you can gain more knowledge in a couple weeks on reading this site then you might learn in two years. On your own.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com

I recently bought a master built electric smoker. It works great for wings and ribs. Not enough smoke imo for brisket. But it was on the cheap side. I think I will upgrade to a pellet smoker next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Beef shank with the best wine sauce  you've ever had with pablano pepper, shallot, celery, and secret herbs. Served with mashed potatoes. 

20180722_200944.jpg

My buddy did that with the venison shanks from last years deer (s). OUTSTANDING.

That looks great too!