philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

It happens all the time and not just when you send food back . I know a guy who when he was young worked at Wegmans, he always said wash the grapes because he and his buddy’s   Used to piss all over them . Kids anywhere in food service do all sorts of nasty stuff .

many cops won’t order food that can’t see prepared .

runs to restaurants let me see all parts of the buildings ,the condition of some of the areas food is prepared in is, shocking .

Park Ave in Rochester is a very popular spot  with ton of cafes and restaurants some with lines out the door Sunday mornings , many  I’ll never eat in after being in their basements and kitchens . Food prepared in crappy dirty basements with grease from the stove above dripping down the walls and through the ceiling , just dirty smelly basements I didn’t want to be in wearing my fire goods, let alone eat anything they made .

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

It happens all the time and not just when you send food back . I know a guy who when he was young worked at Wegmans, he always said wash the grapes because he and his buddy’s   Used to piss all over them . Kids anywhere in food service do all sorts of nasty stuff .

many cops won’t order food that can’t see prepared .

runs to restaurants let me see all parts of the buildings ,the condition of some of the areas food is prepared in is, shocking .

Park Ave in Rochester is a very popular spot  with ton of cafes and restaurants some with lines out the door Sunday mornings , many  I’ll never eat in after being in their basements and kitchens . Food prepared in crappy dirty basements with grease from the stove above dripping down the walls and through the ceiling , just dirty smelly basements I didn’t want to be in wearing my fire goods, let alone eat anything they made .

Yikes 

I know 2 story's of this happening one was a guy pissing in the pancake batter at IHOP and the other of a guy pissing in the  sink of a pizzeria.  Rumors at least have know idea if they are true .

Scary I try never to send food back and always leave a good tip in places I know that I want to go back to . 

Pan sears duck breast with a cranberry demiglace. Jasmine rice spinach kale and another bagged salad

0947fb7472d7feed728934c9c72d1488.jpg&key=93232e85002589e12c72a79c524b79a634dec6ed67d253e064538905890abd96
5800a8f7344c1f2d1266646e6a0b435a.jpg&key=cc3c673090a6b550e13482bbe045ed44f4f3f7e1ac96cfe01274320b1b06e288

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a steak. Excellent lines on that meats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like a steak. Excellent lines on that meats

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I score the fat before I sear it

6 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

I score the fat before I sear it

Used to do that with the chubby's in High School .... LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Answer to No One !

Pasta just grilled some chicken breasts to be cut up for Fusilli in a light marinara sauce with roasted peppers mushrooms and mozzarella also baked some garlic bread.

Edited by Dom
  • Like 5

Room mate made her version of ramen, it was not good.

Screenshot_20190319-192445.thumb.png.61758b47c534c5656257ce66ace944dd.png

Yea it looks pretty bad lol

On 3/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, Paula said:

Room mate made her version of ramen, it was not good.

Screenshot_20190319-192445.png

I sent link to what wife makes ?! 

45 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I sent link to what wife makes ?! 

I left the house for a few hours :-/

and she wanted stir fry 

Edited by Paula

I just wipped up a chicken and swiss burrito, with some awesome spice, and franks.  Shocked at how tasty it was, looks boring as it gets, but the flavors are at the opposite end of the spectrum, go figure.

973EA155-16F6-4436-B2FF-67DC2A29AB2E.jpeg

• Like 4

Afternoon snackage for kid n I. Seafood chowder and coconut shrimps Used strawberry jam to dip shrimp in and pretty darn good we agreed 603530ff24f2df578ec386e7a0d4aa52.jpgdd3c3271923a581f8fe71b705a025906.jpg

• Like 6

My wife made doe fawn lasagna for dinner.   It was very tasty.   The kids liked it so much that they ate every last bit of it.  Unfortunately, that means no leftovers for the weekend.  There are just 5 or 6 packs of fawn grind left in the freezer.  When they are gone, we will have to start on the grind from older deer (2-1/2 and 3-1/2 year old bucks).  I always like to eat the best first, in case our 40 year old freezer takes a dump.  

We still have a few button buck and doe fawn roasts and a couple packs of backstrap.  I am saving those for "special occasions".   I am really looking forward to a crock-pot, bone-in button-buck neck roast.   I heard they are excellent, but have yet to try one myself.         

• Like 1

My wife made doe fawn lasagna for dinner.   It was very tasty.   The kids liked it so much that they ate every last bit of it.  Unfortunately, that means no leftovers for the weekend.  There are just 5 or 6 packs of fawn grind left in the freezer.  When they are gone, we will have to start on the grind from older deer (2-1/2 and 3-1/2 year old bucks).  I always like to eat the best first, in case our 40 year old freezer takes a dump.  
We still have a few button buck and doe fawn roasts and a couple packs of backstrap.  I am saving those for "special occasions".   I am really looking forward to a crock-pot, bone-in button-buck neck roast.   I heard they are excellent, but have yet to try one myself.         

Ever mix venison from 2 different deer in same meal?

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ever mix venison from 2 different deer in same meal?

Only pickled hearts. In fact, my younger daughter and I enjoyed a mix of that as our appetizers tonight, while we were waiting for momma to bake the lasagna.    Currently, there is an half-filled quart jar with a mix of button buck and 3.5 year buck hearts in the fridge.   So technically, tonight's dinner came from (3) different deer.   My wife pickled those last weekend, along with a beef tongue, which filled another quart jar.   It gets a little sweeter, the longer it is in the jar, but we usually eat it within 2 weeks.    I like the tongues a little better, but deer tongues are too small to mess with.   The beef tongue was eaten within 2 days.   My all time favorite wild game is pickled moose tongue, which are about the same size as that from a finished steer.           

• Like 1

16714f10a10f1ebfa5fab72ac517ab20.jpg

Breakfast. Granola Bar in Rye

• Like 3

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."