philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

While I love mussels those look a bit dry—-where the “soup” that is mandatory with mussels and a half o loaf of terranova bread?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife liked them. Lots of broth under

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Meatballs, sausage and ribs all bubbling away for 6 more hours!   Sunday sauce.  

60C81324-D3E2-42D8-B882-A4B0D8B640D9.jpeg

• Like 8

31322902621c6b8a93575945bc9443f4.jpg

Venison and vegi kabobs last night.

• Like 4

I still can't "like" anything today. But everything is open: recipes, sauces, gravies, spices, whatever you think... Lets see the best of the best!! What hit yer buttons here and kept you coming back? I'd guess that every one of the almost 250,000 posts here can recall something that just really sank in with them. I'm interested.

What I love about this page are all the answers I get when trying to make something - from the venison Wellington to homemade sausage to hearts. Someone here has made whatever it is before and is more than willing to share. Hell, we got a guy named CHEF who has the culinary answers, TF’s mighty taco sauce and anything from the whining Goat that can be an inspiration for a recreation , BIO’s presentation and freshness of fare(he might have an avocado or two in his food), someone (can’t remember who) told me about the bartender from Coppola’s in Hyde park who shared his personal venison salami with wife and I just cuz I mentioned the site. While I love this page you bastids have done nothing to help my desire to squeeze into a European speedo before I die...my family thanks you for that!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I myself keep coming back cause I love food and to find the many ways and dishes that have been created.

• Like 2

One of my favorites. Mussels with Gorgonzola cream sauce. Few pieces of bread and butter to dip in yummy sauce d58335b0019cd8bb7f2a0c01b9284533.jpg

• Like 9

Tomahawk, roasted red peppers, sweet sausage, caramelized onions. Also had a nice salad with carrots, onions, avocados and some grilled naan bread. 3d798473febaa409289b555050e35347.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

235be730c24a4d55c329983331bc588c.jpg

LUNCH restaurant recipe (before Montauk and after Hamptons) lobster roll with truffle fries and corn

• Like 6

1e120a941a3c20ef59d362352a396fe1.jpg
Mrs Crappy made some homemade tapioca pudding in those frosted parfait desert cups which she found from my childhood. I love the effort for the tapioca but the box shit is what I remember- A +++ for finding the frosted plastic cups

• Sad 1

f1d8315a182b933693564e8c05cf9b9d.jpg
Baked Chicken pesto fresh mozzarella and tomato with some tortellini and broccoli

• Like 6

Wheat pasta, brocorri, shramp, cheddarjack, grated parm, and cow massage 

C81C8DB6-1E74-444A-919B-53AD3F86D1D5.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Wheat pasta, brocorri, shramp, cheddarjack, grated parm, and cow massage 

C81C8DB6-1E74-444A-919B-53AD3F86D1D5.jpeg

I can't get into wheat pasta at all. I feel like its textured differently. On a positive note it looks delicious!

1 minute ago, kpkot said:

I can't get into wheat pasta at all. I feel like its textured differently. On a positive note it looks delicious!

It is definitely different, its not just you, we eat it thinking it is better for us....seems drier.

• Like 1

Wife was busy. Everything bagel Parmesan crisps so I had a half one. Elk burgers with goat cheese , bacon , fried jalapeños and sweet chill sauce. Breakfast lunch and dinner in one meal. 64f745c86d40373003a6f9577b1c794f.jpg56b31f297268d3446c578ffa24445ff4.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kpkot said:

I'm with ya on that .... I have to add extra butter / mozzarella / sauce just to enjoy it !

Answer to No One !

35 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I'm with ya on that .... I have to add extra butter / mozzarella / sauce just to enjoy it !

That wheat pasta gives me the worst gas ever :pleasantry:

9 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wife was busy. Everything bagel Parmesan crisps so I had a half one. Elk burgers with goat cheese , bacon , fried jalapeños and sweet chill sauce. Breakfast lunch and dinner in one meal. 64f745c86d40373003a6f9577b1c794f.jpg56b31f297268d3446c578ffa24445ff4.jpg

that is stompin damn awesome!!!!!!  ELK- you WNY guys have it made.  We have to eat pasture cows out this way.   Damn Jay that sounds amazing

Edited by Robhuntandfish