What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

London broil in the cast iron, boxed three cheese scalloped potatoes, and a salad not in the pic.
Wife can't eat taters anymore, so opted for a box mix after a crappy day.8951b754d501e90991d9d2fc16dd7712.jpg&key=31cf260b0cb06f5d8e90a1b4f4e165586be8aca3a21318093bdd88a0eab13c7b

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Do you have good luck with London broil? No matter what I do it’s tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Obviously I am not speaking for him, but when I have London broil I cut it into thin slices on a harsh angle, nice and tender that way in my experience.  Don’t overcook obviously, and I let the beef sit out a little while to slowly get luke warm before cooking.  

• Like 5

Paula hooked me up with Nunda mustards. So Cajun garlic going on these beauties dcd1b88188c0d704de3074aeefecc642.jpg&key=693824c90c44d8dca75de501f89cec16cb523113a1460760f754b307fcabf5c0d4eb451b00ffb3ae0f7a1d7cb6bac1bd.jpg&key=a88c94b023f88ece2f3d002e81f31f96e1add8bb4be32c241635dbcae9309c24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does Nunda make a horseradish mustard? I love grey mouse farm horseradish mustard from saugerties. Theirs is the absolute best. Great heat with a pleasant finish

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bagel from NY, jalapeño cheddar cream cheese/ red onion and some fine salmon for breakfast a3b63951307c09fc5e85764c841b8ab0.jpg

i have to say i have never had bagels and locks - something ive got to try .  Never cared for sushi but this sounds good as i like smoked salmon

- Fish fry this weekend though - walleye fillets fried the way God intended! lol 

i have to say i have never had bagels and locks - something ive got to try .  Never cared for sushi but this sounds good as i like smoked salmon
 - Fish fry this weekend though - walleye fillets fried the way God intended! lol 
Lox

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Most times I cook it comes out good. I always bring it up to room temperature before cooking it. I have used this cut for many years, on the grill, over campfire coals, cast iron, and even smoked one. The key I find is never cook it above med-rare, but I try to make it pretty red inside, stays tender.

I have had a few that were like chewing leather even when really rare, but not very often.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Most times I cook it comes out good. I always bring it up to room temperature before cooking it. I have used this cut for many years, on the grill, over campfire coals, cast iron, and even smoked one. The key I find is never cook it above med-rare, but I try to make it pretty red inside, stays tender.

I have had a few that were like chewing leather even when really rare, but not very often.

I marinade, bring it to room temp, walk past an unlit grill with it, and slice it against the grain and its still always tough

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I marinade, bring it to room temp, walk past an unlit grill with it, and slice it against the grain and its still always tough

12 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Also, I hear when buying cuts of beef, the softer the consistency, the more tender it will be.  

• Like 1

Bro you gotta work on those knife cuts

AGREED!!!! I was not paying attention and realized after plating how dull my knife really was. Thankfully it did not ruin the flavor just the presentation.

AGREED!!!! I was not paying attention and realized after plating how dull my knife really was. Thankfully it did not ruin the flavor just the presentation.

It all comes out the same. Flavor is key. Presentation is only secondary unless of course you are in a fancy restaurant and you want it to both look amazing as well as taste amazing