What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

47 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Did you do the pastrami, Rob  ??  I tried it a couple of times and my results were less than great, as opposed to the corned venison I did, which was very good... Your pastrami looks excellent...

Yup made it this year with some help of folks on here. Brined and corned it then put in the smoker.  I like how it came out.  Was also good with taters as hash with eggs.  Think recipe was in a venison roast thread. Johnplav, Crappyice and some others advice.   Thanks folks. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yup made it this year with some help of folks on here. Brined and corned it then put in the smoker.  I like how it came out.  Was also good with taters as hash with eggs.  Think recipe was in a venison roast thread. Johnplav, Crappyice and some others advice.   Thanks folks. 

Will there be any left when you invite to come up fishing with you this summer  ??…..<<smile>>...

3 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

G/f wanted Jerimiah's tavern tonight.pulled pork quesadilla and steak quesadilla as starters.chicken wing platter for I and "the cuban" for her.alot came home for lunch tomorrow.hayburner for the starter and a singlecut half-stack.finishing off with hayburner at home

20190223_165932.jpg

20190223_171632.jpg

Thats what i wanted to make today.  I wanted to pick up a pork picnic for pulled pork quesadillas, but did not get around to it.  Sad, sad night lol

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Saw ur post on the "taco meat".was thinking same thing after my last tavern post!

It was still really good, not really a let down.  I use my own dry rub for it which is delicious.  I have made pulled pork many times, but never thought to add it to a quesadilla at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

It was still really good, not really a let down.  I use my own dry rub for it which is delicious.  I have made pulled pork many times, but never thought to add it to a quesadilla at the time.

Pulled pork tacos in a crunchy shell! I make tacos out of just about everything. LOL.

• Like 1