Finally, some decent bucks...

I finally got lucky and had a whole group of bucks come strolling by my camera setup the other morning. It appears that they still have lots of growing to do yet over the next 3-4 weeks.

This is a deer that I call Wannabe, he's a 3 year old and appears to be the dominate buck in the area...

zzIMAG0362.jpg

zzIMAG0353.jpg

Last year...

IMAG0668.jpg

This deer is a 5 year old that I call Little Freak Nasty. He's been nearly impossible to get pics of for the past three years so I was very surprised to see him, especially daylight pics...

zzIMAG0480b.jpg

zzIMAG0481.jpg

zzIMAG0482.jpg

zzIMAG0483a.jpg

Last year...

zPICT0370.jpg

IMAG0291-001.jpg

IMAG0285-001-1.jpg

• Like 1

All great looking bucks, but I got a thing for that two year old with the splits!

No doubt he's gonna be something special down the road!

Looking forward to seeing how LFN finishes up when the fuzz is gone.

• Like 1

All great looking bucks, but I got a thing for that two year old with the splits!

No doubt he's gonna be something special down the road!

Looking forward to seeing how LFN finishes up when the fuzz is gone.

I'm really hoping the little guy finds a good hiding spot in November... Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 2

WNY Bowhunter...lordy you make me laugh!...''.Finally decent bucks " for you...bucks of a life time for most of us...Nice! Best of luck with them this season and keep on posting... Love it!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound spoiled...lol. The big ones are on the neighbors a half mile up the road.

• Like 1

Great pics! Your management techniques are obviously working very well, most don't know of the hard work behind the scenes to accomplish what you have. Very impressive, to say the least. Enjoy your deer hunting interactions this fall, you earned it!

Thanks for the kind words but I can not take credit for these deer.  They reside on a friends farm...they don't eat out of fancy food plots and the young ones don't get passed on to grow another year. Fortunately, they have a big area to hide in and some manage to live long enough to grow some nice headgear.  If you were able to manage some big chunks of ground out here you could grow some really big deer...